Thread: '64 Ford Falcon 2dr sedan mild kustom - $4500 (Kenmore)

'64 Ford Falcon 2dr sedan mild kustom - $4500 (Kenmore)

Hi everyone,

Got a call from Thor (sedanman) this morning. He was having trouble getting on the site so asked me if I would post this for him. He's having to sell his Falcon and has an ad on craigslist. Here's the ad with a link at the bottom to the original and a link to some photos. It's a very clean car with a lot of potential.

Base Model'64 Falcon 2dr Sedan, bought from 2nd owner in 1992. I've built this car with every intention of keeping it forever, and have been very thorough in the research and modifications I've done to it. The body and paint are 80% original, as is the interior. The car originally came with a 170ci inline six and three speed manual trans along with four lug wheels - these are the modifications I've made;

Pro - Motorsports wedge kit and Shelby a-arm relocation
    Dropped Fatman Fabrications spindles with '77 Granada disc brakes
    Poly spring saddles
    New '65/6 Mustang GT rear leaf springs
    New 3.0 8 inch ring and pinion, axle bearings, and rear brakes/drums
    New u-joints
    Rebuilt (10k miles ago) '67 Select shift C-4 trans with Lokar shifter
    New front suspension (6k miles ago)
    Installed previously rebuilt '68 200 inline six - has 7k miles on it now
    Nissan Sentra bucket seats - they match the interior quite well (see pics)
    New Sumitomo 195/60/15 tires 6k miles ago, mounted on 15x6 steel 5-lug wheels.
    Newly rebuilt steering box from Red Head steering in Seattle

The car comes with many extra parts including a right front fender, '65 200 long block (was intending to build it up for performance), tail light lenses, alternator to covert from generator, and many other parts.

Car needs:
    Exhaust manifold leak fixed (bolts broken in head, so it needs to be pulled)
    New blueprinted Autolite 1101 carb from Pony Carbs installed ($330 carb,included with car)
    Residual pressure valve added to rear brake line
    Neutral safety switch installed
    New rear brake springs with self adjusting hardware installed (about $15.00 new)
    New front coil springs installed (included with car)
    Lower control arm eccentric adjustment kit installed ($80.00)

I've invested over $4,000 in this car just in the past five years/10k miles alone, and with these few repairs it will be a great handling, smooth driving cruiser. I'm selling the car as I cannot work on it anymore due to health reasons. Lastly, this car has original paint an some rubber seals leak, so it's better as a weekend car kept inside than a daily driver. Please look at ALL photos in the following link (two pages of them) before responding to this add. Serious inquiries only please - no tire kickers!

Asking $4500/obo

Two pages of photos can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/car/771572322.html

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Hey, thanks for posting this, Kenny. I still can't get to this page on my computer, but craigslist, hotmail, and flickr are all accessable - not sure what's up with that. I haven't gotten any calls on the car yet so will probably lower the price on it next week.

Two things to add: The car comes with an extra '65 200 longblock (with crank, pistons, and rods, but no head). Also, the car photos are no longer on my flickr front page, but can be seen by going to the same flickr link Kenny posted and then look for the "Falcon for sale" set of pics in the right upper corner of the page.

-T
    Last edited by Sedanman; August 1st, 2008 at 05:24 PM.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch