Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: uh-oh i'm in trouble

Mines a long bed too. Doesn't bother me either.

I don't blame you for not wanting the wheels. I don't want them either.
    the slicks all come with 9" rears. The posi would be cool though.

I went with a ultra wheel 164. Wish I found 16" wheels for a better tire options.

Wish I worked closer to work and could drive it more.

I think it could use a power up grade..
    A 4bt would be really cool. But might be sacrilegious though.

We could just rename this the slick thread.
    Last edited by Nathan289; October 22nd, 2014 at 06:22 PM.
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Slick? Is that this era truck's nickname? Will have to Google that now.

If you don't mind me posting here, we'll just keep sharing.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

The 52/53 to 56 are called Effies or fat fenders
    57-60 are fridges
    61-66 are slicks..

Then there is bump sides and dent sides which is 67 & up.

I don't mind sharing a slick thread on a falcon forum..

The funny thing is you start talking to slick owners and the used to or still own falcons too.

Its like some weird progression some progress one way from slick to falcon or visa versa
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289 View Post
    The 52/53 to 56 are called Effies or fat fenders
    57-60 are fridges
    61-66 are slicks..

Then there is bump sides and dent sides which is 67 & up.
    Bump sides - '67 - '72
    Dent sides - '73 - '79
    Jail birds - '42, '46, '47 (no new trucks produced '43 - '45 - wish I still had my '46)

Don't know anymore.

Phil

Yeah, I have a '67 F100 and had a '78 F350, a '56 F100 Panel, and a 50 F2 so knew the nicknames of all those and what they refer to and why-so, with the exception the '50 F2. I don't know the nickname of those years either ('48-52). Maybe Larry knows now that he's messing with one.

Slicks, Fridges, and JailBirds - all news to me. Not too sure what they all represent.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

uh-oh i'm in trouble

The only nickname for the 40's Fords that I have heard is "40 Effie's". Didn't matter what year in the 40's span. That was from my father in law who owned them. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Pictures from Pumpkin lane.
    Car show and fall festival.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Slicks

Nathan - you were not kidding when you said you were in trouble. All I know is you need to start eating something - and soon. All this work on the wagon and your truck have you wasting away to nothing!

Here's a little progress report from me...

I'm finding some old Falcon bits in this truck. For instance, I had to pull the dash out to have a look at all the wiring, which so far is in very good shape (very little hacking was done ), and the dash cluster, which is screwed to the back of this once very fancy machine-turned looking dash face, is a round-body Falcon cluster. They must have had a lot of parts left over So far I can't tell any difference from the dozens of them I have collected over the years. Gonna try to clean up the dash face and bezel, but - while I'm at it - I may separate the left/right turn signals like I did on the Ranchero.

Otherwise I've just been pulling out the old 80's radio and other non-essential items and will reinstall newer bits to replace them. I did pull a power brake unit out of a wrecking yard and a new wiper motor system so I can add the intermittent wipers.

The gas tank had sludge/varnish in it that used to be gasoline in a previous life. Pumped all that out just to get the tank out (gas is heavy), but found it was far too gone to want to save. So, in addition to all the new brakes and other fix-it-up parts, a new gas tank and sending unit is on order now. I debate a relocation, but opted to leave it in the stock location. I could make a cover for it like people do to shield the trunk from the back seat on the Falcon/Mustang. Would be easy to do

The upholstery, though in not that bad of shape where you sit, is very "brittle and fragile." I wish I knew if it was original, but it seems too custom to be. So I'm trying to decide what to do with it. Found a very nice set of leather seats from a Buick Regal - I mean, like new - but couldn't get the driver seat out of the car. Rain was insane both times I tried, and the power being off on them don't allow me to move the seat forward to access the rear bolts. They would have been cush in this thing.

That's about it for now.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"