Thread: New member checking in

New member checking in

Hello I would like to introduce myself, my name is Mike Harrison and I have been checking out the site for awhile. I recently purchased a 64 Falcon 2 door wagon out of Yakima Washington. Some of you probably remember seeing it on craigslist it came with a 66 A code Mustang as a donor car. I know I paid more for it than I should have but after checking it out and seeing condition of body and all the new and powder coated parts I purchased it and the fun begins.

I have managed to find out where all the parts go and what I am missing to complete the car I think the hardest part to find and still have not found yet is the elusive gas tank.

The car was an abandoned project by 2 different owners but I dont plan on making it three. The car came with Global West tubular a arms, scarebird disc brake conversion on the front and Crown Vic disc brake conversion on the rear. No rust in the car can be found and body work has been completed (mostly).

Anyhow as to not to ramble on I am looking forward to friendship and communication with fellow members, I make it up to the Seattle are quite a bit and have attended Cruizen Colby the last few years with my 72 Maverick

Welcome to the site, you will find this to be one of the best sites for helpful people and information (I know I have). If you are looking for anything post it up and odds are one of us has it or knows where to get it.
    Enjoy the car and show us some pics when you get the chance.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Welcome Mike. Sounds like you have a lot of fun in store for you with your new acquisition. As Steve said, post pics as you go. We all like pics! Particularly of ongoing projects. We'd also like to meet you and kick your tires at one of our meetings.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I am going to do a build in progress with lots of before and after pics, so far all I have is a bare engine compartment that has been taken down to bare metal and repainted.

Welcome aboard. Hopefully we can both help and be entertained by your project.

I know what you mean by the elusive gas tank. Have no clue why nobody has repopped them yet. Having a Ranchero and a wagon, I think if you really-had-to you could use the earlier wagon and Ranchero tank. The main difference is the sending unit and its associated fuel-line outlet. The filler opening is pretty much the same size and location. Get the sending unit with the tank and you'd probably be OK.

I intend to measure them both someday to see exactly the differences.

Looking forward to all the pictures! Gotta love a station wagon.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Yeah the gas tank issue has caused me grief from the time I found out they dont repop them, I have a tank but it is rusty but not to the point of no return I just figure it would cost more to repair than finding one. I see one on craigslist for $50.00 in Chico but nobody seems to be willing to ship one.

I have read that the earlier tanks fit but the diameter of filler neck is smaller and it is only 14 gallons, I have also read that the tank from a 88 f150 can be modified to fit but you have to put a earlier in tank pump from a carbed truck. I am going to explore that avenue.

This isnt a project I expect to be done tomorrow so at least I have time on my side

I just looked at that F150 tank to see... and yeah, I guess you can modify a lot of tanks to fit based upon what I see with it. Maybe need to just start crawling under cars and trucks in the wrecking yards with a tape measure.

Oh boy!

Never knew about the filler hose diff. That might be a pain if too dissimilar, but the 14 gallon size doesn't bother me much, since I'm not sure I'd want a 38 gallon tank in my wagon or Ranchero. But that's just me. Don't often travel far enough for it to matter. But now with a V8 in my Ranchero, I may not appreciate the new 14 gallon tank it has.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"