Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seals for wagons and sedan delivery

Seals for wagons and sedan delivery

I have been looking around for the seals and gaskets to re-do the tailgate on the sedan delivery. I have found the seals that go around the gate but I need to find the ones that go on the inside of the tailgate. I have the lower glass seal and the fuzzies for the opening where the glass comes up through, but I can't seem to find the fuzzies for the two slides on the inside of the tailgate. Any one have a line on these or do I order something else and modify it to fit???
    I am rounding up the seals I need to fit all the panels properly to do the body work and I would just as soon put the tail gate together now since it is already powder coated and ready for putty...
    Thanks for any help Steve H.

Anyone found these. I really need help.
    Come on Roger I know your car is nice and it has a tailgate with the window. Thanks Steve...

Hi Steve,

Roger mentioned at the meeting last week that he's been tearing his hair out at work getting ready for a big show in Las Vegas. He may be knee deep in work right now!

Just thought I'd let you know.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Cool Thanks for the Heads up. I will stand by patiently. Unless anyone else has a clue about these parts.?.

I am thinking (I'll know more after you do it) it is the same as the other window channel. I had my gate open last weekend and there was a small bit of the old stuff left and it had the small chrome bead on one side. I would go for this and see if you can cut to length... I think about 16" per side if we are talking about the same thing. I had to replace both of my plastic rollers to get the thing to roll up/down.

Let me know what you find out.

From Falconparts.com - I know it's not the seal you are looking for, but I suspect (and hope) it's the same material.

1960-1965 TAILGATE WINDOW GLASS CHANNEL
    Category: GLASS CHANNEL
    Product ID: C0DB-59422A36-B
    Description: This is the tailgate window glass channel/weatherstrip seal which is mounted on the body. This seal is made of the same material as the door window top and rear glass channel seals and requires the same type of trim to fit installation procedures. It is 96 inches long which is enough material to do both vertical channels as well as the horizontal channel.

That is kind is what I was thinking as well. I have those moldings on the way and I was going to try it. If it works I will order more of it. I will keep you posted. Thanks for the confirmation of what I was thinking.

Okay.. I have totally disassembled my tailtage. I don't think the inside glass rails are the same as the window run as previously suspected. It appears to be the same rigid track that is used for the division bar on the front door. It's expensive.

Steve,

Don't know how I missed this... but I did. Sorry about that. You should'a knocked me up-side the head when I saw you at the swap meet. I'd have deserved it.

I've stared at my seals and am glad the U-shaped one on the body is in reasonably good shape. They are not reproduced yet. Yes, the glass runners are the rigid bits like those on the division bars, which I bought some of and I don't recall, but I think someone else needed it worse than I did and I "let it go" to someone else. But when I got mine it wasn't all that expensive - but that was 10 years ago. Somewhere I have another set of those, but I have no clue as to how good they are. I have to dig out in the shed on Wednesday to see if I have a big-block water pump, so if I do and they are good they are yours.

I don't know why someplace like Dennis Carpenter doesn't repop all the tailgate seals, since I think they are pretty much the same for 60-65 everything Falcon wagon. But they don't. So it will take making them as best you can.

Did you get my PM about the photo request?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

OK, read a little more and yes, the upper seal linked by Jeff is a press-in loose-like seal like those in the front doors, upper and rear and for us with rear windows the same is used. Sadly, this stuff is nowhere near as good a quality as the original and tends to twist and fall out if not glued into place. I think there is some that is higher quality that I saw somewhere (will have to look) and if I had to do it over, I would get the more expensive stuff.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"