Thread: Newbie

Hello all,
    my name is aaron. I live down in Winlock, wa with my wife and 2 kids(lab pups)...I am follwing in dads footsteps (kind of) he got really big into torinos and then ran across a few of the 70.5 falcons....this will be my first "real" car....lol....I had imports in high school and the moved to jeeps....
    My dad gave me this car a few months back....1970.5 Falcon.....He has one and my little sister has one....My dad uses his as a race car and cruiser, 351C.....sister's is a driver, and her little show car, 302...Mine is the only one in the family that started life as a v8 car...when I got it the motor was missing, and we finally decided to take my moms left over parts from her torino build and put them into a block I have laying around.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (19.1 KB, 25 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (22.0 KB, 14 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.JPG (17.3 KB, 12 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.JPG (17.7 KB, 12 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.JPG (15.3 KB, 11 views)

This is my little sister's falcon the picture at the track is my sister racing my mom in her torino at woodburn I think
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (6.8 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (4.4 KB, 24 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (5.7 KB, 18 views)

welcome to the addiction those are some nice looking cars youve got in the family.

thanks malodin......I think I remember you from the dogpound forums a few years back.........

who is this?

I was the webmaster over there..che-wah-wah..........now I am building a few cars like my dad and mom

i remember that name, dont remember any posts or anything but welcome to the opposite side of the spectrum i my self sit on both sides, love my 4x4's and my falcon

Quote Originally Posted by 70 1/2 falcon View Post
    Hello all,
    my name is aaron. I live down in Winlock, wa with my wife and 2 kids(lab pups)...I am follwing in dads footsteps (kind of) he got really big into torinos and then ran across a few of the 70.5 falcons....this will be my first "real" car....lol....I had imports in high school and the moved to jeeps....
    My dad gave me this car a few months back....1970.5 Falcon.....He has one and my little sister has one....My dad uses his as a race car and cruiser, 351C.....sister's is a driver, and her little show car, 302...Mine is the only one in the family that started life as a v8 car...when I got it the motor was missing, and we finally decided to take my moms left over parts from her torino build and put them into a block I have laying around.....
    Welcome aaron! Thant's a nice body stile to be playing with! Are you staying with the 302 or are you going big block? Al
    63 1/2 Sprint

thank you..........My original plan was 351 then maybe stroke to 408....I picked up a small blcok c6 9" rear end...when I went to pick up the 351 and 460 the 351 ended up a 302...........
    THe my mom stated rebuilding her 429(after 6k miles).....and offered up all her old parts to me...So I am going that route.....as long as I don't have to hurt the car(I want the option to go back to stock some day