Thread: 1963 Futura Convertible

1963 Futura Convertible

Hi All, the picture of my convertible is on my profile page. I have a pretty original, although not clean, 1963 Futura Convertible.

Basically the only non-original items are the Dual Master Cylinder upgrade, wrong year rear-view mirrors and the big piece of red naugahide I glued on the front seat to cover some of the holes.

It has the stock running gear from the 170/6 w/2 speed fordomatic to the unexciting 3.5:1 rearend.

I am the second owner and have enjoyed it for 13 years, although I have owned it for 15 years. (It took me a while to work through the five stages of grief after my total brake failure.

1) Panic
    2) Fear
    3) Change of shorts
    4) install an upgrade - I chose the Dual Master Cylinder upgrade although the disc conversions would have been wonderful.
    5) acceptance

See you on the street or at the next club meeting.

Jeff Watson

63vert Guest
    Hi Jeff-

I have a ’63 convertible as well. However it is nowhere as nice as yours!

When I bought it all the trim was removed and the interior was pretty much gutted. I think I have most of the pieces, but it is kind of hard to visualize how everything fits together.

Is there any chance I could take some photos of your car (particularly the interior) for reference?

Thanks,
    PS: I just had the brakes completely rebuilt, so I’ll keep my finger crossed…

Hello Lawrence,

My car isn't as clean as it looks in the photo. You are more than welcome to come by anytime to inspect, measure, photograph or whatever you need to get you bird back on the road. Mine may not be clean but it is fairly original and everything is where it should be.

I am also happy to photograph and email any specify shots or information you need.

I am in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood and occasionally drive it to work (9-5)on exotic Harbor Island. Harbor Island is under the West Seattle Bridge.

Let me know how I can best help you out.

Jeff

63vert Guest
    Hi Jeff-
    I live in Queen Anne (sometimes I see a white '63 convertible over here) and am planning to stop by Elhot Metal Fabrication next weekend. I'll eMail you sometime next week and see if it would be convenient to stop by.

Thanks again...

Be sure to call Elliot ahead of time. He typically works Monday - Friday from 10:00AM-ish to between 4 and 5PM. He is a one man shop.

I was there this morning. He has some fun projects going on. I like to $30K 1970 Mustang convertible that someone got ripped off on.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

63vert Guest
    Thanks for the heads up regarding Elliot's schedule. I'll be sure to give him a call, and try to stop by sometime late next week to discuss by rear 1/4 panels, etc.