Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Update pics

Hey larry, thats what I have in my car now a E 303 cam. it's .498 lift and 220 deg. @ .050- static is 282 and it's ground on 110deg. lobe centers. also thats a EFI cam. the comp cam people say a carb cam is different than a fuel injection cam, for what thats worth. I like the carb setup but I think you need two more. four would be cooler..this is what I had years ago and nobody seem to know or care what it was, one guy ask if it was a turbo....thanks ..jh
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry but I forgot the cam is made by ford motor sport and edelbrock also makes the same grind. did you get your motor from AD Preformance on e-bay? if so they have a shop in redmond, I was just there yesterday, nice motors they do there....jh

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    Here is what I think I am going with on my car for the carb system. It will cost a little more than the dual fours...
    Wow...

See, it works already!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Update pics

Thanks JH. I got the short block from a guy on ebay for $2000 who bought it from DSS Racing. It has a level 10 block with all forged internals. He bought it for his mustang 9 second drag car. He installed the E303 cam, roller lifters and fluidamper balancer. He offered to sell me some heads, intake and carb after I purchased the small block. If the E303 is incorrect, he didn't know it either and if it does 9 seconds it must not be too bad. I don't know yet what my car will do, but I know for sure it is faster than my 67 442 that I drag raced for a couple of years.

They had a baby and the wife said to sell the engine. I contacted DSS about what else I should run on the car. They recommended the AFR 185 heads and they said to install a victor junior intake. I wanted something more for looks so they recommended the Air Gap Endurashine that I have now. They also told me that the Holley avenger carb would be best for mostly street driving and looks.

As far as getting all eight. I wish that it fit in my budget better. I saw their four barrel setup that I am getting in Reno and I loved the look. It had the "Inglese" sticker on one of the carbs but I still wasn't sure what it was.

For the difference in costs between $1900 and over $6000 I will just have to get by. That is unless you want to donate a few "K" to the LCSmith Benevolence Fund.

This is something that has bugged me for a couple of years. Actually ever since I installed the carb I have now. It just doesn't "POP" my senses with the visual effect. The one I saw in Reno, made me say "wow, I like that". Maybe next year I will have the same problem, don't know. I might look for another air gap intake that isn't endurashined and paint it yellow in the future. Maybe not.

Inglese says that this four barrel setup will out perform my holley, and it will get a lot better gas mileage, as if I care about mileage. It uses only one two barrel during normal driving and if you stomp the go button it kicks all four in. Even if it doesn't out perform what I have now, it will be okay. I can only get on this thing at on ramps anyway.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I really like that cam in my car it idles about 800 and it's way faster with the 4bbl. than the injection for some reason..jh

Update pics

Well, this is what I ordered today. Just couldn't force myself to pay more than double what this dual quad setup cost. Now I am looking for different valve covers and air cleaner. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Maybe just paint your old valve covers to match the exterior.

That dual quad setup will look great.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Update pics

You saw the picture of the dual quad setup I went with. Here are the valve covers and air cleaner that I purchased. Hope they work and look like I want. Larry

Now here is another question. I am attaching a picture of my brake cylinder and booster. Since I want to get a chrome one, do you think something like this will work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Dual-Diaph...ht_3350wt_1127
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Larry - The only thing I get nervous about with these aftermarket parts in crucial areas is that if they fail, can you put normal parts-store parts on them to get you home.

This seems to say it uses standard GM specs, so assuming the bore is the same as what you have now, then it should be a simple swap. Otherwise you may need to adjust things to match the new parts - but you have adjustable proportioning valve, so you're probably good to go.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"