Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hello all, my name is Alex Buchanan, currently i own a 1969 falcon, i have owned 3 other 68/69 falcons in the past, my first one i bought when i was 17, had a 200 inline 6, (got T-BONED) then bought another one a few years later and swapped all my good stuff from the tboned one to it, had it going for a year or so, ended up selling it to a local guy that had a mint condition 67, he wanted mine so he could put a v-8 in it and all that(mine was right at the point where you could go either way in restoring it) im pleased to say he has taken quite good care of it since i sold it to him, last i saw it it had a maverick v-8 disk brake and was all one color finally. hi might be on here he might not be, his name was Tim(thats all i remember).

I found my current 69 down in oregon, has a mexican block 302 in it, nice mags and needs alot of cleaning up, but the rear quarter panels are mint(my main concern) i will post pictures eventually, though i will probably see most of you at the golden gardens meet saturday.

I was invited to that and this board by pbrown.

thanks, Alex

ps. i was fixing my profile and there was something that said please put your fca member id here it will be required to join rainierfalcons, is this true? if so im sorry i do not have an fca member nor do i plan on joining.
    Last edited by malodin; March 8th, 2007 at 04:27 PM.

Hi Alex, Welcome. I will come to the Golden Gardens gathering just to learn what a "Mexican Block" is. I'll be the one driving the Falcon without the mint rear quarter panels. Jeff

Hi Jeff, a mexican block 302 is a fairly looked for block as the mexican cast motors had more nickel content in the casting, in engine world more nickel in the cast means more durrable metal. i.e. lasts longer. theres no real way to tell visually save for checking the block numbers. there are a ton of websites on the mexican block 302

Quote Originally Posted by malodin View Post
    ps. i was fixing my profile and there was something that said please put your fca member id here it will be required to join rainierfalcons, is this true? if so im sorry i do not have an fca member nor do i plan on joining.
    Hi Alex,

Welcome! Interesting about the Mexican block. I had never heard that.

Eventually you will need to be a member of the Falcon Club of America to be a member of the Rainier Falcons but don't worry about it for now. Anyone is always welcome to our events and meetings. There will just be a few things you won't be able to participate in like voting, being on the board, and getting a newsletter.

Hope to see you this weekend...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

i dont mind not being able to vote and not seeing everything but to be locked out of a board because i do not want to belong to fca(for personal reasons). well we will see.

Actually I meant the board of directors (i.e. - president, vice president, treasurer, secretary) and not this bulletin board.

This board (i.e. - The FalconForum) will have enhanced features for paid members like a photo gallery and special forums but I think non-members should still be able to post. The more the merrier. But since this is a club, those details will have to be worked out with a vote.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

cool, i will stick around then