Thread: My three Falcons

My three Falcons

Apologies for the crappy pics and few pics, computer issues and a 14 year old camera are the reasons.

I was unable to post a photo of my near showroom Falcon that I once owned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now camera technology is something we can probably all agree has been worth it.

Or it is a curse.

How many selfie shots should have never happened?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Wilbur's rides

Hello, Wilbur.

You were telling us about your "beater" everyday Falcons and I thought that they would be really rough.

I look at your pictures and and see nice looking cars.

I like the hub caps and whitewalls on the blue one.
    What size wheels and tires do you have on the black cars? Do they rub the fenders?
    The fancy trim on the black Futura looks nice.
    Last edited by ew1usnr; December 22nd, 2015 at 03:08 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Roger, a new camera has been on my list for a long time, but with three cars, and all other priorities in life, the new camera will likely be the last thing that happens. I almost bought one two years ago, the prices aren't bad, about a hundred bucks gets me a great camera.

I just spent $70 bucks on two carb rebuild kits today, and $40 yesterday for a crappy 4 inch air cleaner housing and filter, anti-sway bar end links, and the mounts for said bar.

I won't complain though, my cars give me a lot of pleasure and I'm not ready to downsize to two cars yet!

Dennis, to me the two black cars look rather rough. I rescued each from a different junkyard well over a decade ago. The basic black Falcon has traveled from Seattle to Utah, to Arizona, to California, and back to Seattle, with zero issues except for needing a new condenser in California.

I am currently working on the Futura, it's my favorite, and one day I'll tell the story of how that car came to be. Not sure if the stories will be of interest but all my cars have a story.

The blue Falcon was owned by a beautiful young blond Scorpio woman, and I've always thought I should meet a sexy Scorpio who drove a Falcon. I did. Unfortunately she was engaged, and after a few years of knowing her, he got the girl, and I got the car.

Tire sizes, on the basic black Falcon I have 15 inch wheels in back with 215 70 15's now tires in back and 14 inch wheels on the front with 195 70 14' Blizzaks on the front.

I tend to like the aggressive snow tire tread. I "design" my cars for a specific look, I don't know what look I seek, I only know the general direction I'm headed and I don't stop til I'm satisfied with appearance of the car.

These two black Falcons are my "Utility Monsters", they are my Iron Mules. Remember the 60's movie: "Two Mules for Sister Sara"? These are the two mules for Brother Wilbur.
    They are my beasts of burden, go anywhere, anytime, hop in and travel with confidence clear across the continent. I used to have a 68 Falcon that crossed the USA many many times. I have great confidence in the basic mechanics of the Falcon, they're built like anvils, far less to go wrong than modern cars.

The black Futura has 14 inch wheels on the front and some scrap tires, I am currently looking for very skinny high profile 14 inch snow tires for the front of this car. The rear tires...

Now there's a story. After completing this car, I went searching for old 60's style snow tires, I had to have those big beefy knobby snow tires for the back of this car. I spent weeks going from shop to shop, and one day, at the Goodyear shop on Aurora around 120th or some blocks south of there, the fella' behind the counter, after hearing my story of exactly what I want, tells me to wait.

He comes back grinning with a big fat snow tire in each hand, telling me these are the last two he has in the shop, I bought them on the spot and didn't even wince at the steep price, but it was a FAIR price, but new tires are always a bit pricey.

Those rear tires look HUGE, they are 225 75 14's and because they are old style aggressive snow tires they ARE HUGE. I literally had to take a sledge hammer to the fender wells to make some room. My friend, a car lover, nearly had a heart attack seeing me take a hammer to this car, but you must understand the car is very rough when you see it in person, many dents, smashed parts that were smoothed out but still look like hell, wrinkles and all.

One day maybe you'll see it in person, I do have some close ups on this site somewhere but not sure, I'll search my old posts and see if I can find them.

The rear tires on both cars max out the fender wells. The perfect set up for handling and performance, eh? None of the tires rub the fenders at all.

Oh, one thing about the "Gumbo" monstrosities for tires on the backs of these Falcons, another reason was to give me "gearing".

At seventy to seventy five miles per hour on the highway, with 3.0 and 2.79 rear gears and massive rear tires, the motors of these cars are barely breathing, somewhere around 2600 to 2800 rpm.

Though you didn't ask about the blue Falcon, it has 185 75 or 80 13's all around.

I just found the old post Dennis, here is the link with the close up of the Futura:

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...0222#post20222
    Last edited by Wilbur; December 23rd, 2015 at 02:20 AM.