Thread: Rainier Chapter - Future

Rainier Chapter - Future

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen in Falconland. Hope this finds you well and y'all had a great time with friends and family yesterday at Thanksgiving.

I know, some of you may be going, "What the...I've not heard from this guy for a while" Yeah, I know, it's been a long time, but the time has come - is long overdue - to bring everybody, myself included, up-to-date with the Rainier Chapter of the FCA.

So here we go...

It's been a rough few years for me, and the world too, I suppose. I've had some big changes in life since last we sent out one of these mails. I'm sure life has changed for some of you as well. These, combined with COVID shutdowns, obviously put the club onto the back burner for far too long. It's been my intention over the past couple of years to pull out the defibrulator and shock-start the club, but even my best intentions couldn't compete when life happens. I have been able to maintain communications with a few of you, do some presidential club duties (helping some folks who reached out to me), managed to build a fellow members' wagon for him, but that's about it. I managed to do in 2 years what used to take me 2 months to do.

But here we are. I know, of course, some of you no longer own your Falcon. I know some of you have plans to sell your Falcon. I know some of you, myself included, finally have a Falcon you can drive again. And a few of you have a Falcon in need, which is one of the reasons we have a club in the first place. So this begs the question: what now? How many of you have we lost? How many of you are long ago anxious to get this show on the road again?

That's what we're here to find out.

I've shared with some of you, and mentioned it on Facebook (where many of you migrated to post your updates), my goal for the club going forward. In 2024 I believe the notion of meeting at a burger joint and chatting a couple hours is not getting done what some of you want or need if you're going to join or remain in the club. So beginning this next year, if there is a consensus from you all, we will be moving more to a hands-on club. Meetings will involve wrenches, sockets, and screwdrivers. They will be held anywhere a Falcon needs a lift. The goal for me is getting as many Falcons on the road as possible and making a show of them out there in the community. It's a lofty goal, but worth shooting for.

So what I need to know from you is whether you are interested? We are a chapter of the national Falcon Club, so local membership requires being a member of the national club too. We will be discussing the in's and out's of this in our first gathering in the new year, but involvement in the Falcon community is open to all. We just need to hear from you what level of involvement you are interested in. if any.

I'm aware many of you have migrated to the Facebook group as your means of communication, and as such I will be posting most of this there too. So feel free to look for that post and replying either to this post or the Facebook post. If you want a more private discussion about this, please send me an email to the address shown below with the subject "Falcon Club" and let me know what you're thinking. Or reply over on Facebook or the forum link I'm providing below (login required for both). Any way will work. I just need to hear from you. You can also renew your interest by logging into the forum at RainierFalcons.com and joining or renewing your membership. That works too. Please and Thank You.

If you are thinking, "How did you get my email?", well... you are receiving this mail because your email was in the Rainier Falcons Forum mailing list. If you would like to have your email removed from this mailing list, please email me as noted below and ask for your email to be removed and I will do that for you before the next mailing occurs.

Email: rainierfalcons63@gmail.com

Thanks for your interest and hope to see some of you in the new year. We'll establish the when and where shortly into the new year!

All the best,
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"