Thread: Earlybird swap meet

Earlybird swap meet

Hey all, I am planning to head out to the swap tomorrow and have a look around. If any of you can't make it and want me to keep and eye out for something, let me know. As long as it doesn't require a bank loan, I might be able to pick it up for you, or if you PM me with a request and your phone number I'll call you if I see what you're in need of.

Just offerin'....
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Thanks roger, I can't think of anything for my falcon at this time, but if you see rear fenders for a 51 or 52 ford truck call me and I will come down and get them, I sure hope it don't rain, been there in the rain not good...jh

Waiting For Good Weather

It was wet, and windy.I saw very little Falcon stuff. I did see a 63 Meteor for sale for 2000, but they were leaving at 1:30. Probably tired of being cold. I did meet a couple of guys who have Falcons, and told them about the club. Steve, I saw a guy selling a window van, he was out of Puyallup. It was really nice being around lots of car guys, it was kind of cool, just listening. Guys were talking about CARS thats all! Had a great day with my brother in law Nick, who has a 55 pick up. I didnt find much. I found a drive in window tray that was in great shape, and picked up a set of FALCON powered by Ford valve covers, I dont know why, they were speaking to me, or was it my brother in law?
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Yeah - this swap was really sloppy wet. And everyone wanted to go (the place was crowded), but nobody wanted to be outside, so everyone was inside.

Still found most of what I needed. Almost. I needed some new horns for Flarechero and as I walked by this one Mustang-parts vendor I asked if they had any horns. Ah-yeah, lots of them. Sure enough they did. All cleaned and painted. I asked, guaranteed to work? Sure, for as long as it takes you to walk away. [laughs] He gave some instructions if they didn't work to turn some screw on them and... I get them home, neither one worked [one gurgled, one did nada/nothing) and turning the screw did nothing. So I ask: how hard is it, before you spend time cleaning and painting them up, like he did, to hook them up to a battery and see if they work? I felt like both a fool and stupid. Could have gone to the battery vendor in the building and tested them.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"