Thread: Upper & Lower A-Arms?

Upper & Lower A-Arms?

Hey,

Getting ready to convert the 65 Ranchero over to disk brakes. Has anyone researched the cost difference between rebuilding vs. buying new? I'm thinking this would be a good time to do the A-arms while I'm doing a complete brake conversion. TIA

jerry-

I bought a kit from Mustangs Plus when I did my 62. It was $279 at the time and included upper and lower arms, springs perches, plus all the bushings. I added a 1" anti-sway bar for a bit more. I didn't have a rebuild option since I have a 62. I needed the larger ball joints for the Granada spindles.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown View Post
    I bought a kit from Mustangs Plus when I did my 62. It was $279 at the time and included upper and lower arms, springs perches, plus all the bushings. I added a 1" anti-sway bar for a bit more. I didn't have a rebuild option since I have a 62. I needed the larger ball joints for the Granada spindles.
    Hi Pat,

Thanks for the info. I'm going to do some checking locally here in my area. Mustangs Plus is about a 2 hour ride for me, so if I can't get what I want here I can take a ride. Since the uppers and lowers for the 65 are the same as an early Mustang, I should find something.

At 16 my first car was a 63-1/2 Futura with the 260 V8 and a 3 speed toploader. It was the showroom car at Broadway Motors in Oakland Ca. I ended up putting a 2-4's intake and Doug Thorley headers on the car. I had many great times in that car. My best drag race was against a 390 SST Javelin. He ended up blowing the motor up in his car. It was cool!!!!

Thanks again for the info.

jerry-