Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving Granddad's Falcon

Ohhhhhh. I don't even want to see those pics yet...gotta see the real thing. Phil, no more pics!
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

These bottle caps sure cleaned up nice...stainless is amazing stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Saving Granddad's Falcon

Now I see why you want the trailer with the rock guard. WOW this is looking beautiful. Hope you saw the private message about my trailer. If that doesn't work, let me know and I will see what I can do. Fantastic car and love the color. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I finally got a chance to take some better pics of some of my freshly plated handles...these were done by a buddy of mine- very nice. I returned the "new Ford licensed" handles I bought before because they looked horrible. They would never actually be acceptable on a new car today or back in 61. Now I have the opposite problem...I'm not going to want to open the door without a cloth diaper in my hand...
    Last edited by dhbfaster; June 1st, 2015 at 07:04 AM.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Got one piece totally done before running out of hog rings.
    The other pieces are each about 50% done, but 80% figured out.
    I think it looks really nice...nicer than I expected. The pic below is the rear bottom bench.
    It took a while to get everything figured out, but i ended up using all new padding. Jeff...a big craft project is accurate...emphasis on the word "big."!
    It's a good thing I didng to the swap meet.
    Last edited by dhbfaster; May 18th, 2015 at 03:19 PM.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

That looks nice and tight. Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by dhbfaster View Post
    These bottle caps sure cleaned up nice...stainless is amazing stuff.
    Just saw this and remembered that I had a template to spray paint the FORD letters in the wheel covers. I used self-etching paint and it holds up pretty well. You can get the template from my website.

http://www.redfalken.com/pages/fordhubs.html

Everything's really looking awesome! Can't wait to see the results of all your hard work and patience some day!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

This is gonna be one awesome car when done. Just be sure to keep posting reminders of when you are planning to put the engine in. I juggle things, like time, precariously on the thin wire these days, but I want to be there for that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Kenny...thanks! I was wondering about the best way to paint those. I think 61 letters were white. Lower priority at the moment though.

Roger...thanks, gotta get the car back first, then get through my sons graduation...then I will be politely bugging you for a date.

Larry, speaking of getting my car back...I need to talk to you about your trailer. Did you get my PM? Please pm, email or call me. I don't seem to have your number.

Seats...got the rear back rest done. Others still in progress. Very busy week! And gone for the long weekend. Heater...ready for reassembly. Thanks for everyone's support!
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

While I'm at it...here's a pic of my "upholstery" shop BEFORE I started all the work...and also a pic of the finished rear seat. (Anyone need some extra white stuffing?? I have a feeling I'll have extra. Let's just say the price was right on that stuff.)

Also, a pic of some of the tools...notice the hog ring pliers are "Chick Tools" brand...I thought this came from Eastwood. These work very very well.

Last but not least, I have a question about the tail-pipe and muffler. The muffler needs to be replaced, and I figure...yea, might as well do a new pipe-otherwise it would be the last rusty thing on the car- that anyone can find anyway. The Midas guy told me he didn't need the car to bend the pipe. Can I really trust that? Can they really bend a new pipe correctly without the car there? That would sure be nice.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Don,

I think they may have "plans" for most anything. That said I would not do it. I would use the existing rusty stuff to get you to a good custom muffler shop (~Midas ~not) and have them do a nice custom install. Maybe in stainless so it never rusts again. You don't really pay that much more for awesomeness. This way you can have it on the rack and look at where they are going to run it - maybe compare it to the old stuff - and make decisions to get it the way you want it the first time.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"