Thread: Rare rear mirror

Rare rear mirror

Hi guys,

Awhile back I tried to find a new rear view mirror like the one I took out of my '65 wagon parts car, but could not find one. All of the day/nite mirrors I've seen have a ball stud coming out the back that goes into a sleeve- this one has a hole for a screw to go into. I thought awhile back someone here said they had the same mirror on their ranchero - If anyone else has one please let me know as it will give me more models to search for.

I'd like to keep this bracket not only because it took a lot of work to strip and re-finish (as did the sunvisor brackets that are now painted to match - it look's much better in real life than in photos), but buying a new day/nite mirror and assorted brackets will set me back close to 100 big ones!

If you don't have this mirror but have a the one that has a bracket that glues to the windshield, where do your sunvisors snap in to? My current mirror bracket in my '64 looks much like the one pictured, but is 2-piece with the mirror rod screwing in to the base where the visors snap in (base looks exactly the same as one pictured). If I have to go with the glue on the windshield model, I'm not sure what to replace the visor bracket with.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sedanman; July 30th, 2007 at 07:27 PM.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch