Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > General Forums > Chit Chat

Old 08-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Paid Chapter Member

tools and stuff

I did something new and weird. I purchased a storage locker online and here are four pictures of some of the new tools. I still have a ton of used tools, a very large 3 section Craftsman rollaway tool box full of tools, new micro-waves, new floor jack, etc and etc. I am itemizing the new tools and listing them on craigslist hoping somebody has a business that wants to buy the whole lot together. If you know of anybody, let me know. Thanks Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (197.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2nd set of tools from unit 001.jpg (177.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 3rd batch of new tools from unit 001.jpg (187.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg tools.jpg (197.7 KB, 19 views)

Old 08-04-2017, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Looks interesting and fun. You don't have to give up your secrets, but how do you buy a storage locker online? Do you bid against others or fixed price? Do they ship it to you if you win? Do you know what you are bidding on?
Old 08-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Paid Chapter Member

tools and stuff

There are numerous storage locker sites online. I have watched one for quite awhile, but mostly it is just clothes and junk. They post a few pictures of the unit, but you only see what is visible from the front. It is an auction bid and the high bidder gets the locker. Very similar to the TV storage wars show. When the bidding gets to the last 3 minutes, if someone bids higher, it goes another 3 minutes.
This one was my first ever bid. I really wasn't trying to win it. I was expecting it to go longer and bid $10 more than the last bid. Then I won it.
The locker I bid on was in Everett and you have to clean out the locker in a couple of days.
I know of a couple of people who have bought lockers and what they got, scared me. They had truck load after truck load of crap to get rid of, and they lost money.
So, it's a risk and it is a lot of work. It took me 5 pickup loads to get mine home. So now my garage is a disaster and I am not sure how to sell this stuff. Larry

Old 08-05-2017, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the details and story. It sounds like the perfect hobby/business to keep a retired person active and engaged.

It looks like you have lots of great items and I am sure you will come out with some extra dough.

In your third picture, about 1/2 way down on the left side, there is a white tube thing with a smaller white tube coming out of it. What is that item?

Last edited by Jeff W; 08-05-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:45 PM
Senior Forum User

Sounds like a good way to keep busy Larry.
You can take that stuff to all your car shows and write everything off as a business expense now too.
Oh, and if you run into a good high quality multimeter (like a fluke) let me know.
144-6, 3 on the tree

Old 08-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Paid Chapter Member

tools and stuff

Well, I am knee deep in all this mess. Don't know for sure yet how to sell it all. Don't want to have a tool sale at my house. I did that when my brother in law passed away to sell all his stuff. It was a blinking disaster with all the crazy people who showed up.
I sent out the previous pictures, but now have 2 more pool tables full of tools.
The middle picture is of something I don't know what? It kind of looks like a set of small to very large easy outs? Any one know?
Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (173.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (190.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg tools.jpg (197.7 KB, 12 views)

Old 08-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

How many pool tables do you have?

It looks like the item in question is an extraction set. Here is a similar set sold on eBay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1637.jpg (73.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Paid Chapter Member

tools and stuff

Just the one Jeff. I have loaded and unloaded it several times. Thanks for the information about the picture I sent. That indeed looks like what I have, just a bigger set. Thanks again. Larry

Old 08-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Paid Chapter Member

tools and stuff

Jeff, I missed your question about the white tool. It is an electric duster. Not at all sure why someone would use it? I think there might me a hose or something that is around here somewhere that goes with it. Larry