Thread: 15" Wheel/Brake question

15" Wheel/Brake question

i was wondering if there are any 15" steelies available that will support the "Dog Dish" style small round hub caps? The TCI front suspension/Disk brake system I'm installing on the car requires 15" wheels but I would really like to use some version of the old small hub caps.

I really haven't made much progress with the Falcon unfortunately, I've had to work on the house ): But we have an awesome new kitchen!

I've cut/prepped the front end for TCI install but have some more rust repair to do before install which is not my strong point. And honestly the amount of rust on the car is starting to concern me.

Think of it as additional ventilation.

Quote Originally Posted by ontheroad68 View Post
    And honestly the amount of rust on the car is starting to concern me.
    The floor behind the driver's seat was rusted through on a Falcon that I had in the 1980's. I just laid a floor mat over the hole. My brother was riding with me one day and all of the sudden the road nose became louder in the car. My brother turned around in time to see the car behind us swerve to keep from hitting the floor mat that had fallen through the hole. My brother said that they had probably thought that a muffler had fallen off. That served him right for following too close.

1963 Falcon Sport Sedan.JPG
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

The floors aren't too bad on this car and not too difficult to repair, I'm more concerned about the frame, inside and out. I just don't have any experience doing that type of work.

Pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by ontheroad68 View Post
    The floors aren't too bad on this car and not too difficult to repair, I'm more concerned about the frame, inside and out.
    Can you post some pictures so that we can see what you have?
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Wheel vintiques makes the wheels you're looking for.
    Expect to pay over $100 a wheel..

In fact i believe there was a pair of 15x10s recently for sale on one of the falcon facebook groups.

$150 for the pair, used for mock up only.
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Summit Racing also sells the Vintique wheels for about $85 each - with free shipping over $100 on the order.

Not sure Falcons came with 15" wheels ever, but I'd guess many larger Fords did back then and you may find some on Craigslist if you keep your eye out for them.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"