Hi Guys,

I just returned from a local car show here in the San Fernando Valley where the temperature topped 105. Once I got home I pulled in to the garage and was doing my normal walk around the vehicle. I noticed a steady drip of gasoline coming from right behind the bumper on the right side. My first thought was that something pierced the tank on the way home. After spending a few minutes under the car, it looks like the gas was coming from some sort over "over flow or vent tube". On a hunch I removed the gas cap (which has been mounted inside the trunk for well over 3 years now) and when I gave it the final turn to the cap to remove it I heard a healthy "whoosh" of air come from inside the tank as it had ballooned (due to too much the pressure in the tank) and then the tank went back flat in the trunk. This is the first time I have seen anything like this.

Any suggestions what I should look at or replace? It's a new tank, new floater and new mechanical pump. The Morot is a 170, nothing fancy on here just headers and an alternator conversion. Other than that she drove great but I had never driven her in this type of excessive heat.

What do you guys think?