Thread: Power window regulator positioning for 62 wagon tailgate.

Power window regulator positioning for 62 wagon tailgate.

I recently had to replace the rollers in my rear regulator as well as the spring on the back, so while it was apart I cleaned it all up and checked the motor out and greased everything. Problem is I don't remember the position of the arms and wich direction has spring tension. Help is appreciated.

The arms need to be matched left to right, obviously, and the spring tension helps to lift the glass, not to lower it. I've only worked on this type of window on Steve's Sedan Delivery, and as I recall we bolted the regulator onto the car and used the frame of the tailgate as reference to having the arms matched correctly. I can't exactly remember how we did that, but I think it required lowering or raising the glass beyond its normal stop to have the arm gears clear the motor gears.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

This happened to me too... I might have some pictures at home of what the "finished" re-assembly looks like. I had to take it apart a few times to get it close, then I tested it by installing. I think as long as it's still on the gears and closes all the way, you'll be OK. Know what I mean?
    pikesan

I got it back together but thanks for letting me feel better about doing though. lol. I did however shatter the back glass in the process of it being out. You wouldnt happen to have or know where to find one would you. I have pay pal and not afraid to use it. lol. But thanks for the reply.

I have a rear glass and most everything spare for a tailgate but the glass is really scratched up. You can have it if we can ship it. I think I saw on the falcon network the dimensions for the rear glass. I'd just have one made. It won't be too expensive I think.
    Good luck with your wagon!!
    Pikesan

I have them too, but the "turned corporation" glass shops around here wont cut a guy a flat piece of glass anymore. But I will take however you can ship I'll pay for and your time. friver609@gmail.com.