Thread: Greenwood

Greenwood

There hasen't been much talk about the greenwood show is anyone going this year? ...jh

There was a lot of grumble about it last year, wondering the same myself.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

I'm not even going as a spectator this year. If I want to see a row of 2010 Honda Civics or buy insurance, I can just walk down the street in my own neighborhood.
    Last edited by Jeff W; June 19th, 2012 at 07:32 PM.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Since I only go to a few shows a year and I've been leaning towards the smaller shows, I'll probably sit this one out. Just too big for me and I like shows with a cut off of about 30 years old.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Greenwood

Last year at Greenwood was my first ever car show. I was really disappointed in all the places selling insurance and crap like Jeff was. The 2 things about the Greenwood show that I totally loved, were seeing all of the ( I won't say weird) different people that came strolling by. Lots of really nice people who are totally into life styles (not saying they are wrong, just different than mine, which is fine) stopped by and chatted.

One very interesting young lady who had a very very low cut blouse and who was deeply endowed, spent 15 minutes belittling me for my stupid vain expense on a car. I agreed with her that there is a measure of vanity. But she soon left when I mentioned that vanity was probably what was causing her to try and drop her boobs out of her blouse for everyone to see. Got a huge roar from the crowd that had gathered around her. I'M NOT WEIRD just DIFFERENT.

The other thing I loved was it was my first taste of a Gyro (pronunciation?) that Kenny got me to try. I may go back just for those two reasons. (not the boob girl) Weather will probably be the determining factor.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Great story Larry!! How did I miss the boob girl?

I was probably out getting gyros...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Greenwood

Kenny, I know you were around because I mentioned her to you and her boyfriend?? He had tatoos covering every portion of his body with spikes coming out of his cheeks. Pins and rings in his nose and lips and probably other places I don't want to know about. He had probably 2" diameter rings in his ear lobes. Quite the couple. In talking to him he seemed to be a really nice guy. Kept rolling his eyes at his significant other while she was making fun of me.

I don't go down to that area very often and for a Kansas homeboy who has been overly domiciled it is quite interesting. Don't anyone take me wrong. They are all GOD's children, and I am not putting them down. They probably think I am weird. Come to think of it maybe I am.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Greenwood

After viewing the weather forcast and not wanting to waste my money I am not going to Greenwood. I'll wait for the real summer to show up and not this fake one.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

The kirkland show use to be really great but now there are more tents on the mane dragg than you can count selling everthing but car stuff, only the tire and wheel people were there last year...PS.. larry you should go to the freemont street fair, if you think greenwood was strange...jh

When you get there before 7AM like you always do and you are pre-registered and they let all the non-registered in before making sure the pre-reg's got in... and you're not sure they'll find a spot for you... that was enough for me.

I like the show of cars (in general), the people, the Gyro's - but when almost 5 "prime" city blocks are vendors who are not even car related... they lost me. Shoot, they can't even keep a McDonalds in business.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"