Thread: New Falcon owner in upstate NY

New Falcon owner in upstate NY

Hi everyone! I've loved cars since I got my first one, a 1967 Mustang. Over the years I've had cars such as a Supra, 300ZX, Trans Ams, etc. For the past few years I've been in love with Falcons, but since I have some other show cars at the moment, I never thought I would be able to afford a nice Falcon hardtop without selling one of my current cars (and I get too attached). I actually had a bid on a 1961 4-door out in Oregon, but lost the bid after I got the loan and everything. I was bummed. Then the next morning on one of my searches online I saw a 1963 Hardtop in Ming Green (my favorite color) for only $9,500 and it was in NH, so no shipping charges! I pounced on it and wired the money to the guy that morning and became the proud owner of it! It joins my 1970 Chevy C20, 1994 25th Anniversary Trans Am, 2005 Saleen Mustang, and 2000 Mazda Miata. I love that I can actually (sort of) work on this car since it's so simple. It's not a Sprint, but it's a Futura with a 260 in it. No power steering. No power brakes. No A/C.

HelenWheels, I'm sorry your post got bumped back in time due to issues with the forum date/calendar. Hopefully this will get your post pushed up into the forefront.

Welcome and good car! I had one briefly, which was owned by another member who had to let it go. I sold it not long after going through it top to bottom, though it wasn't my original plan. And I was sad having to do it. You can read about it here if you search for Freddie. It was unique.

Feel free to post some pictures and look forward to hearing more about your experience with a Falcon!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"