Thread: Trunk accessory box.

Trunk accessory box.

Some of you might have had a problem with things rolling around in your trunk. My solution might not be especially amazing, but it works nicely.

I found that a strawberry box fits perfectly between the wheel well and the back of the trunk. These boxes are called "flats" and are made of heavy cardboard. They are used to hold quarts of fresh strawberries and you can get them for free from the produce section of your grocery store. It holds my scissor jack, fire extinguisher, a small tool kit, and a other few odds and ends.

2-DCP_5982.JPG

The box would slide around across the trunk, though, when making turns. I used scissors and cut a strip of aluminum from an old license plate and bent it into an N-shaped bracket. Then I used pliers and crimped one end to the box and the other end around a magnet. I had first wrapped a piece of duct tape around the magnet so that it could be gripped better and not slide as easily out of the aluminum bracket. You can buy magnets at Home Depot or off E-bay.

1-DCP_5981.JPG

The magnet attached itself to the inner fender with a "thunk" and it holds the box securely in place.

4-DCP_5984.JPG

Notice the squirt bottle. That is for if I need to clean the windshield since "The Wonder Falcon" does not have the windshield washer option.
    Last edited by ew1usnr; November 7th, 2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Great idea! I wonder if you can find those in wood with the same dimensions. Might be sturdier for the long term. I've got all my stuff in a metal basket I got at a local department store.

The full-figured Coop was an add-on!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Trunk bins.

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    I've got all my stuff in a metal basket I got at a local department store. The full-figured Coop was an add-on!
    Hello, Kenny.

What is the chrome script above your left reverse light?

And what is the little electrical switch on your left trunk hinge?

Thanks, Dennis.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

The chrome script says "Brunswick". It came off a ball return at a cool tiki themed bowling alley (Leilani Lanes) that got torn down here in Seattle a few years ago. I'd always been looking for an old metal dealer badge and when someone gave me the Brunswick badge I just decided to go with it.

The switch is for a light that's mounted on the underside of the trunk lid. It used to operate by means of a mercury switch but that quit working so I bypassed it and added this manual switch.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)