Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Update pics

This is the top I have in my shop. Eric can make anything any size.

Sorry for the obscene picture on the air cleaner. lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Update pics

Gene, that is exactly what I tried to do. Two major issues with it. One the thickness of the filter would not allow it to sit down inside the grove area so I trimmed off that to make it somewhat better and the rubber on the top and bottom of the element was fairly hard and broke when trying to bend it around the curves. Make sense??

Thanks for the offer about making a billet cleaner but I have the aluminum part, I need the filter part.

Here are a couple of pictures. One of the base. I trimmed .75 off the bottom of the base round extensions now so it looks a lot different from the picture you see.

The other shows how tall the element is and I need something about .75-1.00 shorter. Don't worry about the top not aligning in the picture, it is just sitting on top of the filter element.

Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Dumb question but can you lower the whole thing? IE shave some off the bottom of the base? Or did I miss that already?

Found it never mind.....
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Here is a picture of my brothers 64 Thunderbolt clone and it's ready to take to Reno. Larry

Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Larry - issue with the picture posted.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Update pics

Here are a couple of pics from the Reno trip. I still am trying to get the pictures off my wifes Kindle to the computer so more to come I hope. The Fairlane in the 3rd pic is my brothers. The Falcon and Fairlane got 10 times the attention of any other cars that we saw.

I am amazed at how many people come up and say they had a Falcon in High School or College and want to get another.

A young lady who owned a 64 in college wanted to give me a "serious" offer on my car and asked what was the least I would accept. Thought she might have a "serious" heart attach when I told her. Her dad said they would get back to me but they were only half way to what I would have accepted.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I found this picture on the internet of my car at this years Hot August Nights. MY brothers 64 Fairlane is right behind me so this is on the main street of Reno. Larry
    http://flickrhivemind.net/blackmagic...08/15633868916

http://flickrhivemind.net/blackmagic...08/15654912801
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Nice Pics Larry...
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Large and in charge!! Good job Larry

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Falcons and Fairlanes

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    I am amazed at how many people come up and say they had a Falcon in High School or College and want to get another.
    That sounds like you are describing me three years ago!

Your yellow Falcon is amazingly CLEAN.

The 1961 Falcon looks really nice.

I would like to borrow your brother's Fairlane for a couple of weeks just to try it out.

Dennis.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Update pics

Powder coated the rear end housing yesterday and spent the whole morning cleaning up the mess. Here are a few pictures.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Nice....that is one big rear end. I thought about using those portable heaters (UV blasters?) but all my big parts are done now. Any problems getting the cure all over the part? Look forward to seeing the completed unit.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Update pics

I bought the system several years back before I started on the Falcon. I had a ski boat trailer that needed new paint. Went to Marysville to get the parts powder coated. Had six long parts and they wanted $90 dollars a piece. too much.

Started checking on the internet and found that Eastwood sold the powder coating gun, the UV light and bought the paints on ebay.

Got everything, including a home oven to heat small parts for less than they wanted for just the six parts.

Needed a sand blasting system, and a large air compressor and a blasting cabinet. Those have been used a lot. Sandblasted almost the whole Falcon.

The trailer came out beautiful and then started on the Falcon not too long later. Powder coated a bunch of parts for the car that can be seen on several pages of this thread.

The heat light I have works great, you have to move it several times, kept the laser thermometer on the part to make sure it stayed at temperature.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Update pics

I saw on somebodies post that they couldn't believe how long they've been working on their car. So, I went back to my posts and realized that I started my car 9 years ago. Amazing, but I would have guessed 6 max.
    Having this car has been fun, frustrating, exciting, scary at times, expensive, and on and on and on.
    But, there are some things that I am especially happy about.
    Belonging to this club, making the friends here, and learning all that I have.
    I had never welded before, never did body work, never painted a car, never worked on most of the things that it took to get it done (DONE?)
    I just want to let everyone know, that I have so appreciated all the help to get me where I am.
    BUT. I want to say a special thanks to our president. One for keeping on when he was and is faced with the daunting task of keeping it moving. More importantly, for his unbelievable help and knowledge to personally help me.
    This club, reaches around the world. It helps people everyday, and we need to keep it going, doing more (me) to help.
    Thanks again to all of you. Now, I have to go out and get the rear end put back in my car so I can drag race this year. As always, more to come. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Time flies when you're having fun. It doesn't often seem to fly by when you're not - though it tends to move at the same rate... second, by second.

Thanks as always, but I'm just doing what I like to do. The club does sort of run by itself, but it needs to be more exciting, I think, to draw newer people. And of course, I'm tired and so is everyone else - and it shows. We push on best we can.

Your car, and all you've done, is a testament to what a person can do with some effort - help from friends - and maybe YouTube? Whatever your resources may have been you have far more patience than I do, for sure. And accomplished some things that I am still in awe of. We have all learned things from you.

Now get out there in that warm, new, garage of yours and get 'er done.

Again, we need a whip-cracking emoji.

Not the same, but it's all I have for now.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"