Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

John's right. Mine are long tube, that's what made them difficult. I have no experience with shorty's, so John's the man there.

From the top, John's pic could also be mine (except for the NEATO roller rockers).

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I agree - shorty's may be the way to go. Also, if you get long-tube, you might get away with leaving one side partly bolted down and lifting the other side. We did that on Gene's when we found we couldn't insert the motor past them both headers at the same time.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Go to love the internet. Thanks for all the input, and I think a set of shorty's are in my future. I can get them bare for less and coat them myself. Thanks everyone! I am happy again.

Steve, CJPONYPARTS has tri-y headers that look to be made for you. They're listed as coming from Scott Drake, but don't know who makes them. They're $152 right now with free shipping. Here's the link.....

http://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-dra...1968/p/EXHD36/

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Thanks Gene I will be looking at those real hard today.
    John those ones you posted about, do you have a part number by chance?? I would like to look into those real hard as well. If they both fit then I just need to decide long or short???
    Thanks again guys...

Keep in mind... this 20% off deal at CJ ends the 29th...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

The summit # is hed-88408, the other one's are for a mustang I would be sure they fit a falcon first, jh

That is tonight's research. I only have about 2.5 inches clearance between the engine and the inner fenders!!! Hopefully I can find the specs I need on both sets. I am leaning towards the shorty's but we will see..

John if you get a chance could you measure the distance your header stick out away from the engine? PLEEEASe. Those ones from Scott Drake are too wide to fit in my application. They showed 3.5" from flange to the edge of the pipes. I don't have that much room. I did measure a set of stock manifolds and they will clear but i would rather run a header. Thanks Steve...

Steve - I did do some looking into this last night myself and the Mustang headers and the Falcon headers (in the brand that have both - Dougs) do have differing part numbers. So I would go with known "fits a Falcon" models. I saw long tube headers on Summit too, but the shortys would be far easier to fit. HP differences notwithstanding, I think unless you are building a race motor - who cares.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"