Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Wagon build

Hi Don, I replaced all the metal and rubber lines about three years ago when I converted to the new Dual Master Cylinder. They still look like new.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Sandblasted the front brake backing plates tonight. If I keep picking away at this, maybe it will be back on the road in a few weeks.

I think I am going to clean up and reuse the existing coil spring perch like Don did. Mine also has the brass bushing with grease fitting. I think this will be better than the cheap rubber bonded bush I bought as replacements.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeff,
    I still have the special Tool i bought on eBay for reinstalling the coil springs. if you want it let me know. It was quite a battle but with that thing I finally won the war.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

I always thought those brake backing plates are kind of an Art Deco work of art. (Strange taste?) they’re beautiful when sand blasted, and I powdered those myself too. They came out amazing.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Thanks for the offer Don. I have a couple of different compressors here I will try first.

UPS brought me an early birthday present today... 1-1/8” sway bar.
    Last edited by Jeff W; May 21st, 2019 at 10:08 PM.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA

Upgrade while I’m at it.

My spring perches are the grease-able bronze bushing type. I will be cleaning these up to reinstall.

Very nice Jeff! And sorry I've spread that disease I have. Even without a garage to work in I find I still have it. It helps to have friends who enable you, as well.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Here are the pieces for today’s puzzle... and a little help.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA

Nice Jeff...what’s the Scott Drake part in the red package?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Quote Originally Posted by dhbfaster View Post
    Nice Jeff...what’s the Scott Drake part in the red package?
    It looks like the grease fitting set and tool for the upper control arms. Best guess. I'm curious what the flat plate are above the drums? don't recognize them at all.

Jeff - did you get the Shelby drop holes drilled?

And you have an amazing helper Jeff. How he's able to levitate the car while sitting on a wall at the same time is an amazing feat!
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; June 1st, 2019 at 10:43 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"