Thread: VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van

VanMergence - 67 Falcon Van

It has been quite a while and I am finally at a point to tear back into the Van and get to the unfinished things. A brief catch-up: Engine, front suspension, fuel tank, and brakes were all replaced. Front brakes updated to discs, 3 point seat belts installed.

The van has been in running/driving condition but has been in storage for a few years. I have started it up and driven it very seldom, just enough to keep anything from seizing up. I purchased a house last fall that has a decent size garage. I finally got the van out of storage and set up here to start tackling the remaining items, the largest being the body work. I just picked up a '91 AOD out of a mustang, Ill be swapping it in place of the C4 currently in there. Jeff sez "there's no drive like overdrive".

I installed some stock bumpers I acquired a couple of years ago to see if I like the look. I'll keep you posted.

67 Falcon Van 0731-2020.jpg
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Be sure to post some pics of your work Brian. These days I think we'd all like to watch if we can't come and help.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Yippee! I like the bumpers.

Beginning Work

I made the first steps by stripping the old interior. It was a quick thrown together interior the PO did to get it down the road, it worked for a bit but I always knew it had to be pulled. I discovered more rust than I anticipated, the spots I am concerned with fixing are the roof supports. It will be covered by a headliner but I want to make a real fix.

I also have door hinge pins to deal with as my rear right door hinges are both broken . I have ordered some replacements but I am having a hard time getting the old ones out. I have been soaking them in PB blaster for a couple of days to no avail. I am going to apply some heat tomorrow and see where it leads me.

I decided I needed to dust off my welding chops so I took some old bed frames left behind and built a storage shelf for all of my parts. next will be some floor patching then moving on to the roof.

the last picture is the 91 AOD i picked up that I need to clean. I am going to drain it, clean the pan, and change the filter then cross my fingers. They gave me the cross member with it so i am going to try and use it for the swap.
    67 Econo 2020-0811 - Rear.jpg67 Econo 2020-0811 - Roof 02.jpg67 Econo 2020-0811 - Roof 03.jpg67 Econo 2020-0811 - Roof 01.jpg67 Econo 2020-0811 - rear Hinge.jpgShelf 2020-0811.jpg67 Econo 2020-0811 - AOD as is.jpg
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Wow Brian, that's an odd place to have that much rust. I hope it's not too bad when you get it descaled a bit.

Looking at these pictures bring me back a few years when I drove, and worked on, my '56 F100 panel. I got so fed up with my rear door I just welded them together and made a lift-back. But it looks like you have broken pins in the hinges? If so, then yes - heat will likely help. Had similar issues on mine and that's how I got them to come out. Though I never really got the interior on my panel what I considered show quality, it was a fun vehicle. I gave most of the pics of it away when I sold it (pre-digital), but when he traded it in, the dealer made a couple videos. I may have shared them here before, but they're interesting (to me anyway), so enjoy...

https://youtu.be/8NgnQvwpLcM

https://youtu.be/EtD323W1ZW4
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"