Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sequim car show

We did talk about this at the meeting, and there were only 6 of us there and most have their cars in pieces hoping they get them together in time. I think the general concern was coming up with a spare $100 bill to make a trip there and back with show entry fees and ferry boats, etc. I know for myself, at the moment, that's a concern. I'm inclined to leave it to last minute to see what the day holds - since many of these places don't refund money if it is rained out.

But keep pinging the thread to keep everyone aware of it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

On May 3rd the car cruise will leave Price Ford in Port Angeles and head out to Cape Flattery which is the Northern most point on the west coast. It's about a 2hr drive each direction. The drive will follow the straight of Juan Defuca most of the way. Should be a very nice drive.
    On May 4th the car show is at the bus pavilion also in Port Angeles. It will start a 9am and run till about 3pm. The show organizers told me if we have enough Falcons coming they will do a special class for us with a trophy.
    This is about 4 weeks away and we all know how time flies by. Hope to see some of you there.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

I've decided since I'm not 100% sure how well my cars run yet (have not driven the wagon since it was redone - and the Flarechero only about 15 miles, so far) that I'm going to take some vacation and drive them both over - one at a time, slowly, over the next week or so, and then just stay at your house until the show is over - and then drive back one and have you tow the other one back following behind.

Hope that's OK?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Yup that is fine. I have plenty of room, just leave a set of keys and were all good.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

April Fools!

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

The time is getting close! May 3rd is the car cruise and May 4th is the car show... Hope some of you can make it. See the website below for more info or contact me..
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Bump up. Sunday May 3rd car show Sequim. Weather is looking good so far. Let me know and if we have a few I can get us reserved space!!
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

My plans to go got trumped by work a few days ago, I have to head east for 7 days including that weekend.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

I'm still not sure what I'll trust to drive that far yet. I'm scrambling to try and wrap up the wagon so I can swap with the Ranchero and check out making it quieter and shift a little better. Been too rainy to even get into the carport to try that (besides the carport being packed with Falcon parts!). I have not driven the wagon yet with all the new parts, so it's still un-shook-out. Hoping it survived my radical changes to it.

I do have some items I need to have powder coated, so I was going to make that my secondary excuse for spending money right now to drive over there and back, but I have to have confidence I won't need to call AAA as well.

I think the consensus at the meeting most were in the same boat as I (not the ferry boat) being unsure they could swing a show this early in the year - still trying to wrap up their long-winter projects (who has the 3-car garage?). I think you are about the only one who has been driving their Falcon. I think we will know if anyone makes this the night before. Not conducive to arranging all-together parking, I know, but what happens, happens.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"