Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you have a winter falcon project ?

Did you have a winter falcon project ?

Well after a year or so of the house remodel I needed to get back to my falcon..so what can one do to a fuel injection motor? change spark plugs or just look at it..so I decided to remove all of it and put a 4-bbl on it with a good old distributor in it..and it runs great, also roger made a drill bit to drill the spot welds on the tower to fire wall braces, what a job that was,a little welding and some bondo it's looking good,now I can see the master cyl. now.... I know...it's next...the fuel injection was on it for 14 years..how time fly's.....john h
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good John. I'm actually working on gathering EFI stuff now. I'm going to go with a MegaSquirt setup with EDIS-8 ignition. The rack and pinion swap is first though.

What tower brace did you go with? It looks like it fits well.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Hi John, now that I can see that master cylinder... WOW! I was surprised to see it is still the single. Don't make me tell my horror story again.

The rest looks great. What is the little blue baggie taped to the front of the passenger shock tower?

patrick, I have never heard of that efi do they have a web site? jeff thats bondo, nice color ah, it's filling the holes where the mass airflow meter was, things were starting to look like swiss cheese under the hood...john h

My winter project is installing a t-5..
    I'm in the final assymbly process now..
    Problem is I had a CRS momement and for some stupid reason I used a hole saw to cut the 3" hole for the shifter.. Looks great until you realize that unles you bolt the shifter to the tranny before installing the tranny in the car, this isnt going to work..

Why couldn't I remember this before I went through the trouble of buying a 3" hole saw??

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Quote Originally Posted by falcon cobra View Post
    patrick, I have never heard of that efi do they have a web site?
    Here are a few sites to get you started. The last one is for the EDIS setup.
    http://www.megasquirt.org/megasquirt.html
    http://www.megamanual.com/index.html
    http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/EDIS.htm

I already have the MegaSquirt computer built and tested. I also have the 36-1 reluctor wheel, and the cam position sensor to replace my distributor.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

The tower brace is from total control products, it's a nice kit ,fit well and the rods are removeable for access to things [ master cyl. comes to mind ] it was 239. john

I might wash and vacuum it this weekend! Does that count...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Sorry kenny but it won't count, cause it's spring now, you could add it to your spring projects and be one up on the others....john h

Well my winter into spring project has been putting in a new windshield, polishing stainless, and reworking the stereo, which i never really liked (I lied before when I said I did). I hope to have that wrapped up tomorrow if I can.

Oh, and if I look at my thermometer in the garage, I realize I could store my dairy products out there with no problem. Spring... my you know what!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"