Thread: Looking For a V-8 radiator that would fit a 63 Falcon

Looking For a V-8 radiator that would fit a 63 Falcon

Hi there .... I'm looking for a radiator for one of my relics... close to buying an aluminum one.. but I figured I'd ask here as well. I think I learned today that a 66 Mustang radiator for the 289 might be a bolt in... hmmm , I wouldn't have thought so, but the mounting bolt holes seem to match up from what I measured... I'd rather have an original brass radiator... Does anyone know of a good source for buying a new brass one ?

Also, if anyone needs a Ford...oh ( 2 speed A.T. ) I can probably hook you up... pretty much all my relics are std. trans. units, but I hung onto a couple 2-speeds, cause I hate to waste good antiques !

oh yeah ... it's probably time to snoooze for a bit..

Thanx .................... Brian

PS .... I drug this 61 out of a field in Spokane last October. I tried to use the GMC 4x4 I was driving... but she'd been sinking into the ground so long that part of the rims actually were below ground level. We had to use the guy's brother with the diesel powered John Deere tractor... She was sitting for 20 + years ... I just got her running enough to putt to a new parking location ... Thanks Jeff ~
    Attached Images Attached Images

The 64-66 Mustang radiators bolt into the Falcons. Look at www.falconparts.com.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

the brass 1963 radiator for the 260 is $118.00 from Rockauto.com. I cant tell you if the bibs line up with your 289

I love those guys. Be sure to Google "Rockauto discount code" to find a 5% off code.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    the brass 1963 radiator for the 260 is $118.00 from Rockauto.com. I cant tell you if the bibs line up with your 289

I love those guys. Be sure to Google "Rockauto discount code" to find a 5% off code.
    That should work fine. It wasn't until the 302/351W that the outlet moved to the other side.

I would also recommend one of the reproduction fan shrouds and a stock style mechanical six blade fan for max cooling.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI