Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wagon build

Yeah - I just saw that. You were being very sneaky.

And don't try to kid us... we know you got something goin' on.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Front bench is now done. The seat backs had some broken springs so I stripped my spare seat and made one good one out of the two. If anyone needs some front bench parts (springs, frame), speak up soon.

A bit more work with the carpet and I can bolt these guys in for the last time.

Since I stretched the covers in my cold basement rather than the recommended 80 degree day in the sunlight, I thought I would do a little experiment with the wrinkles. I used my 500 watt halogen work light as a "non-contact" iron. I only tried one spot but the 50 year storage wrinkles came right out. I'm confident that come August these seats will look as good as if they were installed by professionals in 1963.

The Seat bottom on the front bench was by far the hardest to pull on. I had the seat upside down on the floor and was working it for all I was worth. I finished last night and my hands still ache from gripping, pulling and working the material. It was pretty hard to do it alone. an assistant would have been nice to install the hog rings while I was pulling it to the right spot.

Now looking at the completed seats (especially after how poor the originals were - the raccoon did a number on them) it was one of the more rewarding tasks so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice!!!!!

Great work Jeff
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Just like brand new! I'm sure once it has had our one day of summer it with smooth right out. I had to restretch my wagon seats about 10 years after they were done by Jake (he'd done them before I got the car), so you might want to as well someday.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Put the carpet in the cargo area. I made some edge binding to cover the raw edge and hand stitched with nylon thread. Aluminum angle covered the front edge of the cargo carpet and the bits I had to add under the back seat. There is quite a lot of floor visible under the wagon rear seat... even when in normal position.

All went fine until I noticed some big red blotches on the new carpet... after closer inspection I noticed, somehow, I had ripped open two of my knuckles.

I included a picture of the "two" old covers from the front seat, one right over the top of the other, both hog-ringed on. Also the new cover slipping over the seat back in case someone wonders what is under there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gettin' nicer and nicer and nicer, Jeff. Looks super!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Looking pretty awesome Jeff. You have the door panels you were working on done already? Looking at these pictures reminded me that I left a SnapOn screwdriver in my DS rear window area - after I had all the panels on, seat belts bolted in, seat bolted in. It's still there because it's not easy to pull and install that panel with everything in. But I should probably do that soon.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"