Thread: Emergency Brake Cable

Emergency Brake Cable

Anyone ever replace the emergency brake cable on a 64? I am trying to figure out how to replace the rubber that covers the cable where it goes through the frame. The old one has deteriorated and the new cables that you get don't include that piece.

Gosh Larry, we even neglected you!

I used a piece of 3/8" or 1/2" fuel line when I redid mine.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Emergency Brake Cable

Pretty quick response Roger, only took 10 1/2 years. THAT GUY WAS RIGHT. YOU ARE ALL JERKS. LOL. Might want to explain this to folks who may not understand my humor.
    At the show Saturday, a gentlemen told Roger and I this club didn't respond to his query on our site. I told him I couldn't believe someone didn't answer all the posts. Well, mine proved me wrong. This is hilarious. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I did find nearly 4 pages (maybe 100 or so) zero response threads. Most were pre-2009, but those that I read, a lot of them, were just hey, check this out, as opposed to needing an answer. I never found his thread asking about CPP front ends. But it mighr be fun to go through and start answering those that needed answers. We might wake up the dead.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"