Thread: Chit Chat

Chit Chat

I like my car, don't get me wrong. But, if I ever do this again and build a Falcon, this is what it will be. I have loved the old gasser cars since I was a kid watching the cars at ATCO raceway in New Jersey in the early 1960's. Then when I started racing in the mid to late 60's I loved the Anglia's and Stone Woods and Cook 1941 Willy's.
    Now that I have a Falcon, I love the body styles and a Falcon gasser would be a hoot. Still want an Anglia or Willy's but their costs are .
    Funny how dreams when you are 16 still get you going at 69. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

The gasser thing is something I don't understand. If I was going to build my own I dream of putting in something modern like a Coyote 5.0 or a 3.5l ecoboost.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

I've seen a lot of odd-ball gassers, but never investigated their history. They were around long before me. Here's a nice site about how they came about:

http://www.americangasser.com/index.html

I do have to say, if I were to build one, I would use a post car, like this Falcon coupe you posted. That is a very nice example of how to do one good.

Also, you could'a bought this one at the swap meet, right here in WA, for about $25K!

Gasser1.jpg

And there is one on Craig's List right now:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6167992618.html

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Chit Chat

I guess it is hard to explain Scott. I grew up watching these cars race every weekend. When you race a car, with the headers wide open, going over 100 mph it is something that gets in your blood. Still in mine.
    I had to have e-cutouts on my Falcon so I could open the headers when and where I wanted to.
    Even at the Maltby car show, where they had my car on the dyno with the headers open at 7000 RPM, it drew raves from the crowd.
    That is why I am going to drag race it this year. God willing. That is why my brother at 75 has his Ford Thunderbolt clone and is racing it this weekend in Tucson.
    Some can't relate, just like I can't relate to the Japanese cars racing today. Some of them are much faster than the cars of yesterday, just not the same.
    Soon they will be racing electric cars all over. And, some of those are extremely fast today, so tomorrow?

Roger, that is a good price for that little Falcon gasser project. I also like the post cars as gassers.

My favorites are the 33 and 41 Willys cars, but in reality, I love them all. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

I definitely understand how one can get hooked on it, Larry. I have a neighbor who hauls his 555 cu in drag racer to the tracks every weekend. When he fires that and his Nova drag up, my chair vibrates in my office. It's definitely cool. He's 68 and loves doing it.

If I were to build a "racer" it would be a road car for SCCA type vintage events (and I've definitely dreamed of it). I love F1 and road racing. I have loved watching Randy Dunphy tear up Pacific Raceways for years in the Sovren vintage races. Sounds great and runs strong.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gitanesteel; June 16th, 2017 at 02:56 PM.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

I'm with Scott on this one. I'm more into the road racing scene.

Did you know that Mr Bean has Falcon race car?

Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI