Thread: More Hot August Nights

More Hot August Nights

Here are more pics of the only other Falcons in the parade on Sunday. The last picture speaks for itself. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry to hear you're still overheating, Larry. Must've been disappointing to not be in the parade. Guess the pic of the blue roadster proves that "if it can be done, it will be", no matter how crazy!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

More Hot August Nights

It was indeed a happening. I did miss being in the parade but I gave it my best shot. I talked to a whole lot of people in Reno with Fords that had 347 engines. Every single one that came and looked at my car said I need a better radiator with an electric fan that has a shroud. So, that is what I am looking for. I did find this setup where they guarantee the results. So may go with them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

Or if necessary I can do some cutting and grinding and do this I guess. http://www.mustangsteve.com/radiators.html

You need to get whatever radiator the guy with two motors has.

My guess is that as the motor breaks in, the internal friction will also go down, and it will eventually run cooler. But it is a long time coming and probably not enough.

One thing Gene and I were debating a few days ago is why 6-cylinder cars got the hood to core support seal and the V8 cars didn't. I know that any air that can make it into the engine compartment around the radiator is not supposed to be a good thing - but the Falcons did not install the seal on V8 cars. Maybe you can try a temporary seal to see if that helps. I think I have a new one in my pile of goodies. You could tape it in place to see what happens.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"