Thread: Interior & Exterior Colors

Interior & Exterior Colors

Hi everyone, I hope there's someone here who can answer my question. Are '64 Falcon interior colors always the same as the paint color? All the cars that I see are that way. My car is currently factory red with red interior and a black vinyl top. Was there ever a '64 made with red paint and black interior? If so would the metal work inside the car be red or black? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Typically if they have the same interior and exterior color, I discovered when I painted my interior last summer, that the thing they typically did was to add a flattening agent to the paint sprayed on the inside to keep glare down.

But that's not what I see on most cars painted these days... it's shiny, shiny, shiny...

Or maybe it's this one instead...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

My 61 futura is dark blue exterior and a much lighter blue on the interior..
    I repainted the interior with an off the shelf paint that was similar but might not be exact.. But shhh nobody knows..

The wife's ranchero was corithian white with sandal wood begie (metallic tan) interior.. s

The wagon as far as I can tell was the same color combo as the ranchero.. though its now Copper and begie (metallic tan)

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Typically if they have the same interior and exterior color, I discovered when I painted my interior last summer, that the thing they typically did was to add a flattening agent to the paint sprayed on the inside to keep glare down.

But that's not what I see on most cars painted these days... it's shiny, shiny, shiny...

Or maybe it's this one instead...
    Thanks for the reply, so did they ever make one that was red with black interior? And if so, would the metal work inside be red or black?

Kenny is having computer problems so I will chime in for him. His '62 was original Red exterior with Black painted metal interior... so at least in '62 it was done.

You can see his car inside and out here:

http://www.redfalken.com/

The 63 wagon I just bought was originally something like "Glacier Blue" exterior and a sandy beige interior metal. my convertible is red/red.
    Last edited by Jeff W; March 18th, 2009 at 11:21 PM.

My 62 was Sandshell Biege on the outside and brown on the inside.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    Kenny is having computer problems so I will chime in for him. His '62 was original Red exterior with Black painted metal interior... so at least in '62 it was done.

You can see his car inside and out here:

http://www.redfalken.com/

The 63 wagon I just bought was originally something like "Glacier Blue" exterior and a sandy beige interior metal. my convertible is red/red.
    Wow, that's one beautiful car. It sure looks like he put a lot of thought and care into his restoration, and documented it all so well. Great link, thanks.
    I'm still not sure what to do with mine. Either painting the inside sheet metal black to match a new interior, staying with the red interior, or putting black interior in with the red metal, not sure how that would look.

For what it's worth, my '65 Ranchero was Wimbledon White with blue interior I chose to retain the blue interior, but changed to a custom white exterior.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I talked to Kenny today and he said there was evidence that the interior was not originally black. There are a few runs on the bottom part of the dash.

I think any of the combination you mentioned would look fine.

You can always Photoshop a good interior picture.

My '64 is robin's egg blue on the outside, and beige on the inside although it had dealer installed blue vinyl seatcovers when I got it. My two '65 Futuras were light metallic blue outside, two tone inside - interior metal was not the same blue as exterior: Springtime yellow on the outside, beige on the inside like Roger's wagon.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch