Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modified/swapped/extreme Falcons welcome here?

Modified/swapped/extreme Falcons welcome here?

Hi, I just found out about this forum and thought I would join. Both of my Falcons will be heavily modified so as a guy not wanting to step on any toes, I thought I'd ask. Some forums are geared more towards the purist / restoration crowd, and that's cool, it's just not the scene for me. So can I hang out here or shall I move on?

Thanks and y'all stay safe and Have a very Merry Christmas.

All Falcons are welcome here.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown View Post
    All Falcons are welcome here.
    That's great news... Thanks and Happy Holidays.

This club is great and even accepted me when I started cutting out shock towers. I am sure some said words under their breath, but it is a great team of people who love Falcons and some have expertise that you won't find anywhere else. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I know of only one pure Falcon in the group - and it's a nice one (Don's granddads Falcon), but Falcon's are perfect canvases for all you can imagine to do to them. Although I have to say I got mixed opinions when I wanted to modify the rear flares on my Ranchero. They nearly kicked me out. LOL!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Mine is original bar a pertronix upgrade and a pony autolite 1100 carb.

I can enjoy a stock restoration but I can also look with respect to a nice restomod.
    The most important thing I find attractive is that all the work either restoration or modding is done with love and respect to the car.

Greetz Rinke

SO Coop will be a bird of a different color as the saying goes... At a stock ~2400lbs Coop's appeal is her weight as well as her cool Falcon "Curves" but mostly weight. ALL of my current hot rods sport a V8, some with, some without boost.

Coop was initially going to be a trailer for my 65 Futura wagon... Think I'm kidding?118658334_746731916173534_8967263488258195434_n.jpg

When she showed up on the trailer, I couldn't bring myself to cut 'er up.
    Now for the purists out there... Coop was a L6 base model 3speed Tudor Sedan that now sports a ton of rust in the quarters/fenders/ floors. trunk, and core support... As well as being completely devoid of any interior, glass, and/or trim bits... she's a rotten shell... for now.
    20200905_174821.jpg118473427_10221236833765191_417694677049546724_o.jpg

So an ill conceived idea formed in my 420 friendly brain box... Build an in your face, loud, obnoxious, faster than s#!t, lil street terror that gets 30MPG while pushing a ridiculous ~380Hp and ~380Tq through a 5 speed all while reducing the cars carbon footprint.

Coop will be powered by a 2018/2019 Moostang 2.3 Ecoboost engine mated to a T5Z I have laying about. A limited slip 31 spline 2000 Explorer 8.8 with 3.73s. Wilwood Manual M/C and 4 wheel discs should do the trick. 18" wheels and fat tires on all four corners filling out the flares nicely.

A custom cage will be installed with front and rear support struts, 4 link rear with Coilovers on all corners. A full CPP tubular front suspension will be put into duty as well...

The interior will be very minimalist with Pro-Car racing buckets, carpet, rear seat delete, custom column and quick release wheel. Lokar hand brake and Hurst Shifter. Door panels will be custom aluminum bits.

The body will be heavily modified: All four wheel openings will be flared, some aero added to the rear, fiberglass bumpers, custom billet grille, custom hood, etc. All glass will be tinted black and the rear windows will be solidly mounted. I may do some aero on the front as well... Not really sure. yet.

Other than the color and really bad MS Paint mods this is what I am after... Think BMW 2002-ish

sedan3.jpg

I say - Go For It!

My Ranchero, though nowhere near as modified as yours (will be), is an experimental. Just can't wait until the weather clears enough for me to see how this iteration worked out.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"