Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anden... another 64 project...

So Robert - How's the underside of the cowl in this car? Are you gonna pull all the dash bits and give that a good inspection? Holes in the floor often mean that is the cause.

It's still far better than I have seen. Best to keep as much of the original you can.

And Steve - I wish I could have taken pictures of the Ranchero being cut up that should have been the one I saved! But I digress...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I haven't dug up under the dash yet. I'm pretty limited on tools, lights, etc. right now. Once my things get here from down south, I'll be able to do a lot more.

Tonight I was able to pull the flex fan off, pulley off of waterpump, pulled the valve covers, spark plugs/wires/cap. I was able to rotate the engine by hand, albeit a bit tough, it still went roundy roundy.

I put my engine stand together last night. A local guy at work has a cherry picker I can borrow. I'll get the hood off, engine out, tranny out, then start stripping things down to see what's there and what's rusted out. Suspension seems pretty "light", so I'll want to work on that, if only new stock components. Thinks seem a lot easier to get online than they were 10 years ago when I did the other one of these.

I know that the PO died and his kid sold this car off. Not sure if he was putting it back together, or taking it apart. It looks like a new fuel pump. Very little burn on the plugs and in the cap. Just confusing. Peace of mind says just tear it all down and go from there. I don't have any hopes of getting it running for this season, so I'm not stressed about a timeframe.

Once I get started, Pics will ensue!