Thread: Bought a parts car

Bought a parts car

While looking on CL for a fender for Tyler and a 64 frame for that other fella, I came across a '68 2 dr sedan that looked like it might be good for a parts car. I drove over to Port Angeles yesterday to check it out. Ended up striking a deal for $100 for the whole thing. The guy is going to help me yank the engine/tranny so I can bolt in a wheeled device I drew up to the under engine cross member {not sure if that's the right name for} so I can pull it up onto a trailer and still push it around, if I need to here, as I take stuff off of it. Here are a few pics:

Crusty looking 289 that apparently ran when the guy bought the car:

Excellant bumper, grill, headlight bezels, hood & trim, etc...:

All the glass is great, chrome trim is great, front fenders are mostly great but for 1 50 cent piece sized rust hole on pass. side down low:

A little rusty above the rear pass. wheel well. All 4 wheel well mouldings are there and great but 1 needs a little work:

Good trunk lid, excellant bumper, UNcracked tail-light lenses, etc..:

NO front suspension, rear tire is back on, all 4 factory hub caps are great:

rear seat is in pretty decent shape-needs cleaned and dyed BLACK {lol}:

Kick panels, door panels are good, dash pad is toast {no surprise there}, dealer installed AC ? :

Once I get it home, I plan on doing pretty much all the disassembly myself {although my daughters and son-in-law in training want to help a bit} as a way of reaquainting myself to working on old cars again. I pretty much felt useless at the last tech day and it was MY car being worked on. I aim to change that a bit.

Whatcha think. Not too bad for $100 or ? Jon
    Last edited by 68FalconSC; May 2nd, 2010 at 01:00 AM. Reason: sp
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe

Hey..looks like a great deal at $100. I may look to contact you for some funny parts. Maybe even some bigger parts. Keep us posted.

Good buy

Sounds great Jon That will keep ya busy
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.