Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Denny's Falcon

Denny's Falcon

Wow! what caused the broken crank? Not that common is it to have that catastrophic of a failure?
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Thanks Roger and Gene for coming out. I emailed Shirley, and she agrees that a 289 or 302 would be plenty for her grandson. She also wanted to thank Roger and Gene for coming out. She won't be able to do anything until the end of April.
    She's looking for something reliable, since her grandson would be using it as his driver. He would like to use as many of the cosmetic stuff on the new engine
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Bill - I would still suggest a diagnostic disassembly of that motor prior to making a final call. Could be that many internal parts might want to be used as well - depending on the internal damage found. Things like heads and intake may be reused.

I have a 69 302 block, crank, and pistons which could be a quick and dirty overhaul (rings, bearings and gasket set) and be done with it. I'd use the heads on the 331 for this. There are a lot of options, I'm sure, but this might be the least expensive for her.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"