Thread: The Falcon Is Progressing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Falcon Is Progressing

I am almost finished with the filler work. I had some trouble with the lower section of the right side fender. I took the panel to Elliot for a tuneup. It had developed a crown that needed to be lowered. Elliot did some nice metal shrinking and a bit of metal bumping and now the panel is within about 1/64" if being perfect. I thin coat of Rage Gold and some sanding and I should be ready for primer.

I'll try to get some photos tomorrow. It's been a while since I captured anything.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

63vert Guest
    I saw the photos you posted earlier, when your Falcon was still at the shop, so I'm looking forward to seeing some new ones.

Will you be working on the car next weekend as well? I ask becasue if, I'd like to stop by and see it...I'll have mine back and should be able to drive it over.

I'll be filling and painting this weekend as well...but that's a completely different (home improvement) project.

I took a few photos the other day. The filler work is complete except for a small area on the left fender. Most of the prep work is done. There are a few places that need to be hit with the DA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Patrick Brown

Hey! Where's the close-up of the rear corner I worked on that's hidden by the bumper?

Just kidding. I like working on the "unseen" areas. They still have to be done and you'll sleep better at night knowing they're prepped and ready for paint.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Those photos were taken prior to starting work on Sunday. I'll be sure to get a shot of the bumper area.
    Patrick Brown

Ain't the block sanding Fun ???? ....................... NOT !!!!!

Looking better ...
    Take Care
    Earl

www.ranchero65.com