Thread: Electrical

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Electrical

I know everyone is so busy and there just aren't enough open spots for all of us to get tech days, so I keep asking for help with things on the forum that probably seem stupid. I am trying to get my under dash electrical hooked up and I bought a E-Z wiring harness. Might be easy for some but not for someone as electrically dense as I am.
    If someone has used one of these harnesses on a 64 or if you are electrically savvy I would sure appreciate some help. If you feel like you can help I will attach copies of my schematics and pictures of the parts that just don't make sense.
    Also went down to the Cruise Colby area today. Rainy and didn't spend a whole lot of time. Going back tomorrow and hope the weather is better. Larry

Larry - I have not used an EZ or even rewired a complete car.. but keep the questions posting and we will collectively get you through this.

This will also keep a record for the next guy needing those same questions answered.

Electrical

Jeff, I appreciate that. I think this may provide a good lessons learned spot for future usage. I am going to start off using this to post some of the parts I have completed. Then go on to what I don't understand. The E-Z Wiring harness is divided into three segments. 1).
    Front which encapsulates the engine bay and all front lights, etc. 2). The Rear Segment and 3) the Under Dash Segment.
    I am going to show in this post what I did for the rear segment then attach additional posts to show the other segments. The attachment shows how I hooked it up. REMEMBER>>>nothing I have done is tested yet. So there may still be problems. Which I will identify when I fire this monster up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Electrical

This post will document the "Front Section" but will not include the engine portion. That will come in another post.

Electrical

For the engine bay I am going to attach the page out of the E-Z wiring directions.

Electrical

This attachment is going to show under dash wires with explanations of where I believe the wires should go. Please scrutinize and comment please.

Electrical

Think I have all the electrical to all the parts of the car working. Still haven't turned the key to start yet so everything may go up in sparks. But my son remedied my brake lights and other quirky problems.

I had the steering column wires all screwed up. I used the schematic that came with the steering column but that wasn't correct. So, now the horn, turn signals, brake lights, hazard lights, dome light, trunk light and instruments lights all work when they are supposed to. Hallelujah!!!!!!!! Larry