Thread: Maltby Show

Maltby Show

The Maltby show was today and it was again a great show, beautiful cars on a beautiful day. Really enjoyed talking to Gary and his wife and also glad to see his car back on the road.
    I decided to put my car back on the dyno again and it was the highest horsepower car of the day. I got 336 out of it at 144 MPH, at 6600 RPM. That is more fun than a amusement park ride. Lots of people watching and got a good round of applause when done. I will try to attach a video of the run later if I can figure out how. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Yeah! It was a great show!
    Great weather, a great venue, free coffee and muffins to participants, and the show itself is FREE! Nice lunch was available for a nominal charge, and the church has a latte stand in the foyer if you want some REAL coffee (though the free coffee wasn't bad!).
    Loved talking to Larry and Carol, and some other friends, old and new! Another couple sat down at our table at lunch and we had a great chat. They turned out to be the owners of the Best of Show entry, a GORGEOUS '56 F100!
    I missed seeing Larry's dyno run, but I sure HEARD IT!! Wow! What a sweet sound!
    I'll upload some pictures when I get a little more time.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Maltby Show

I couldn't get the dyno run video to attach to this file. It was indeed fun. There were quite a few cars that ran and I believe it was a 68 Pontiac Firebird that blew his engine. I still have the highest horsepower of the cars that ran last year and this. It was very interesting watching all the cars that swore they could beat mine and then they found out they were way off on their estimates. The yound man in an infiniti bet me he would beat mine and missed by 150 horsepower. His top speed was 128 and mine was 144. The Dodge 440 six pack came closest again this year with 323 horsepower. He almost cried when I beat him again.

Strange that Gary and my Falcon were the only ones at the show this year. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

A few of the IMPORTANT pictures from the Maltby show...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Thanks for the update guys...Larry, would love to see the video. Can you try to post it on facebook?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Maltby Show

I found this on facebook today. My car is on the dyno at about the 3:40 time. No sound though. Larry
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhpm...ature=youtu.be
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Looks like a fun show! I love it when you can park on the grass. And great job on the dyno run Larry!

If you make videos you want to share, it's pretty easy to create a Youtube page and upload. Then you can link here. I've done a few of my motorcycle. I'm not sure if there's a way to embed videos in this forum. Patrick may know.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

That is a pretty cool video. I almost forgot there are some pretty sweet cars out there at aren't falcons. Was that video camera on a drone or what? It was pretty cool how it went around and then went over to your car on the dyno.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

When you have the YouTube link, you just post it as a link. YouTube has a specific link type to embed if this site supports it.

Test:

It doest support embedding - just tried. But here's a Falcon being dyno'd:

https://youtu.be/cHvm1zcoXB0
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; June 29th, 2015 at 10:01 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"