Thread: Wideband Carburetor Tuning Discussion

Wideband Carburetor Tuning Discussion

I have started another tech document. I am about to dive in deep to a Holley style carburetor. The car is running way rich and I hope to document the step by step as I try to dial in this thing for great throttle response and better gas mileage.

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...read.php?t=468
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

rich carb

I had this problem on a old econoline I had. Turned out I had a carb the was intended to go on a engine iwth a PVC valve on my non PVC engine. the PVC carbs are set way rich cause of the vacum pulled from the valve.

I just updated the wideband tuning technote if anyone is interested.
    Patrick Brown

Sorry patrick but the best place for a holly is on the shelf in the garage gathering dust, they work great wide open but not so good for everyday street use. [ been there done that ] I had a Q-jet on my 302 for over ten years and it got good milage and was quite fast, plus I didn't have to mess with it for weeks....just my thoughts.
    -----------------
    john h

Good thing this isn't a Holley then .. it's a Grant Road Demon .

Any aftermarket carb will require some tuning to make it work with the engine it's applied to. It doen't matter who made it. They have a very general tune and is just a starting point.
    Patrick Brown

A long time ago, a buddy of mine had a thin book called "How to super tune any holley carburetor" {or something similar}. From what he said, once he had that book, holleys became his carb of choice due to the ease of tuning them, due to what he learned in that book. I wish I could ask him about it but he passed a few years ago. Great friend and a helluva gearhead.
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe