Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rainier Falcons Facebook Group

I'm with you, Jeff. And for those of you who may, for some weird reason, want to communicate with me it's going to have to be through this Forum, email, or at a last resort the phone (remember those?).

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I think the FalconForum will always be our main form of communication. Facebook is just another way to attract members. A new way for them to find us. I think you'd be amazed at the number of Falcon owners in the area who have no idea we exist. No reason to pass up some free marketing!

FB is definitely not for everyone but I've had a lot of fun with it. Finding old friends, keeping in touch with long lost relatives, and keeping up on the bands/music I like.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

What other free marketing can we take advantage of??

Craigslist, my space, twitter?? Link our web page to every other falcon club web sites??

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Just a follow-up...I posted an ad to craigslist this morning:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/grp/2907316681.html

The drawback is that it's in the "Groups" section under the "Community" heading. And I suspect most Falcon people are looking for parts and cars under "For Sale". Just before the swap meet I suppose I could put an ad in the "For Sale > Auto Parts" section and probably won't get flagged as long as we mention some specific parts we will have for sale.

And...I don't mind posting events and announcements on Facebook and craigslist but if anyone wants to volunteer to be our marketing guru, please chime up. I know there are lots of places we could be making our presence known. We just need a reliable member who's main responsibility would be to market the club.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

It's been a little over a year now and we're up to 30 members on our Facebook page. Just wanted to tickle this thread and remind anyone that has a FB account to sign up. Do a search for "Rainier Falcons Car Club" and you'll find us.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

I'll bite...
    Marion Cain

64 Falcon Futura, Grenada Front Disc
    5 Lug Conversion, 302, Still putting together.

More about my falcon can be found here. Codes and a short video of Stella when I first got here.
    Also here you can find images Here

So here I am, I'm looking at the club with earnest again after a few years of "things" beyond our control. I've been on the Facebook group more than here in the past couple years (obviously) mainly because I found so many Falcon groups and like to help folks if I know the answer and it eats up all my spare time! Facebook tends to be "Ask question: Get 100 different answers and maybe you'll get the right one. But good luck figuring it out." So, because I know everything I set everybody on the correct path. LOL! But the question came up (from me) about why the Rainier Facebook group had administrators I didn't know. Who are they and who made them administrators? But now I've found this thread again, which answers the question: We are all getting old and forgetful.

And for the record, I'm an administrator there now, so I feel better it is "The Official Rainier Falcon Facebook group." Thanks Kenny for setting it up so many years ago - even if we all forgot. We have almost 700 members there now, so it's a good reach.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"