Thread: Nationals

Nationals

Is anyone thinking of driving a Falcon down for the Nationals next year ? I don't think it will ever get any closer than Sacramento.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1965 Hardtop, 289, Top loader, Torino power disk brakes, Tilt steering, 2 speed int wipers

Mike Spears

Probably not. My daughter will hopefully be playing for the chance to get to a softball world series about then.

If I was going to go I would probably trailer the Falcon there. I'm not the most mechanical person so I'm not sure I'd take a chance at a breakdown.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Nationals

Carol and I are still planning to go to the Nationals this year, but after having engine problems this week, Carol is wanting me to trailer the car down. Not sure, but I think it is the best idea. No guts I guess. Plus, this sweating all the way to Sacramento doesn't impress her. She likes the air conditioned motorhome a lot better. Plus I detest staying n hotels. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I am. Leaving from Woodburn, OR on the morning of the July 12th and hoping to catch the group along I5.
    1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

Nationals

I got this note from Mike Garrett about the Falcon Migration from the East Coast through Everett on down to Sacramento.
    Carol and I are still planning on going, but I let Mike know that I would be trailering my yellow bird. No guts.

Larry,
    Plans are reasonably firm as of now. We will be getting to Bonners Ferry Idaho on July 7 and hanging out there thru the 9th. We will be driving Rt 2 thru Spokane on Monday the 10th, arriving in Everett that afternoon/evening. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Everett for the night. Tuesday the 11th we drive I-5 south to Corvallis Oregon. Suggested hotels in Corvallis are either the Holiday Inn Express or the Super 8 as both are overlooking the river in town. Then on Wednesday the 12th we will finish the drive to Sacramento and the Convention.
    At this time we have two cars and four people doing the entire drive from Maine to Washington. We'll see if we pick up any more along the way.
    Numbers and email still the same if there are questions/comments.

Mike Garrett
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Nationals

Well, having all the problems with my car has made us very late in trying to set up RV camping anywhere near Sacramento. They are all full up due to a fair going on. We have tried everyplace within a 100 miles and so far nothing.
    Not going to try and drive that far and stay in hotels, so will continue to look, but if there isn't any RV spots open, we are going to stay home. This sucks. But, everything happens for a reason. So............ could be worse. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker