Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Window Stuff

Window Stuff

Anyone happen to have any of the material that fits in the window run channel. The channel is on the aft end of the door. I am attaching a picture of the channel. The one pictured here isn't in too bad of condition, but the other side is destroyed.
    The stuff I ordered thinking it was correct from Dennis Carpenters site is only a rubber strip.
    If you know of something else that might work let me know. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

I probably do. They used a lot of the same material in cars and trucks and I may have some left over from my doing these trucks. I'll have a look tomorrow when I'm out in the garage again. I may have it buried in the shed too. Who knows where I stash stuff.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Window Stuff

Cool, give me a call if you find some and I will drive my self in that direction. Thanks, Larry

Window Stuff

Okay, I'm lost. What goes in the space between the roof rail trim and the wing window at the top edge? From the fwd edge of the roof rail the rubber seal bows up against the roof. There is about a 3" gap. Sure looks like something must go there but I can't find anything in my manual or on web sites. Even scarier I can't find any parts that look like they go there. Dufus Manufus (Larry).

I'm no expert with the HT... but look at some of the HTs on this site:

http://fordfalcon2000.com/featuredcars/JTurner65.htm

Select "Galleries" on the top to see the other cars. It looks like you may have the wrong window trim to me. Hard to tell from the small pictures but the others look like that piece is molded for the corner.

Maybe when you install the rest of the drip rail chrome, you will find the piece that fills that in.

Window Stuff

Thanks Jeff, I viewed all those. Amazing how all the pictures seem to cut off that particuar area. There were three cars that I looked at and enlarged the photos and they seem to be blank on those cars also. Hopefully one of the members has a 64-65 hardtop and they can send me a pic. Thanks again. Larry

I got home really late tonight, so I'l have to look in the morning for that rubber stuff.

As for your current issue, the wing frame looks way low in that picture and where's the upper drip rail stainless? I think you'll find if you move all that into the picture, things may look different. I'm looking for some pictures too to help.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Window Stuff

I have put all the parts up into postition and there is a gap there. The wing frame is okay, must just be the camera angle. I did find a you tube video of a Falcon and it has that same blank area with nothing but the rubber seal. It looks kinda weird but??? Anyone of you 64-65 hardtop guys out there??

Window Stuff

Got a picture from a 63 falcon owner on TFFN and I did have a part missing. spent an hour digging through all the junk parts that the guy gave us when we bought the car 18 years ago and I found them. They were beat to death. Spent an hour straightening them and then polished them up. Don't look brand new but better than the missing link!!!!
    Maybe that was what the evolutionists were looking for all this time?????

Wonderful!

Window Stuff

Okay, got the roof rail seals in, got the windows aligned and now for another silly $%# question. There is a gap behind the roof rail trim and rain gutter. Showed it to Roger when he came over yesterday but we didn't come up with an answer to what you do with that gap. Do you seal it off?
    Man I wish I had another 64 hardtop around here to look at.

I looked at my 65 HDTP and there is a piece of stainless that fits on the end of the channel. You must be missing those two ends. I took pictures but don't know how to attach them to the message. If someone can let me in on the secret of posting pics I will send them.

Jerry Kirby

Window Stuff

At the back end there is a stainless piece? I found the stainless pieces that I was missing at the fwd end of the part.

Actually I said at the end of the channel, being dyslexic I was looking down the channel from the rear of the car. If I could figure out how to send a picture it would have made it clearer. Anyhow it sounds like you found the right part. Jerry

Window Stuff

Yeah, I found the parts I was looking for but the gap at the back/bottom end of the drip rail has me confused. A guy on the TFFN site said that 65's have a stainless part that goes there. But I think he is talking about the strip that runs the full length of the drip rail. I have that part but it doesn't do anything about the gap where water will just pour into the car.
    Take a look at the picture.
    As far as putting pictures on the site. I store my pictures in the picture section on my computer. But if you can download the picture onto your computer at your desktop then click the "Manage Attachments" link in the form below. Then click the "browse" button. Click the arrow on the drop down box and then select "Desk Top". IF you downloaded the picture on your desktop you then click that specific file number, the picture. Then click on "upload". Not sure if that helps. Larry