Thread: Travel Trailers and Falcons

Travel Trailers and Falcons

Have you ever towed a travel trailer with your Ford Falcon? What year Falcon, what motor did it have, and what was the weight of your trailer whether it was a travel trailer or a utility trailer.

I'm trying to establish the practicality of using my Falcon to tow a travel trailer. I read the owners manual for a 1965 Mustang and the manual said the car could two UP TO ITS OWN WEIGHT but that would be the heaviest that should be towed with the car "as is" from the factory. That's about 2800 pounds.

I will assume that was a V8 Mustang. I'm looking at travel trailers under 2000 pounds so I should have no problem towing with a Falcon, a V8 or an inline six of 200 ci and all its horses.

Anyway I'm interested in hearing your stories of towing a trailer with your Falcon so I can take all this into consideration if I do buy a trailer.

I've done a fair amount of research on the web for this, and found many forums, but on all forums I read only this dreaded response:

"I DON'T KNOW BUT..."

So anyway, I'm hoping to hear your own personal experiences with using your Falcon to tow a trailer.

Oh, one last thing, I've been trying to find a place that will put a tow hitch on my Falcon but nobody here in Seattle can do it, not even Uhaul. Where did you get your hitch? Thank you very much!!
    Last edited by Wilbur; September 10th, 2018 at 02:46 AM.