Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friends know each others names

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Friends know each others names

I'm often reading posts from users who have no signature in their threads and a user name that isn't their name and ask myself, "Have they used their name before?" "Do I want to call them 6365Falconguy?"

The answer of course, is No. We'd all like to know who you are so when we reply to your thread we can call you out by name. So if you have not done so yet, please consider adding a simple salutation at the end of your thread, or adding a signature to your thread so we can remember who you are. If you don't know how to do this, here's how:

1) Look up in the header of the forum and find Quick Links and select "Edit Signature"

2) This will open a little dialog window where you can create what looks to be a post - just like you see here. I've made a screen capture of what my signature looks like, which you can see below.

3) Enter whatever you want to have show at the end of your thread each time. You can be slightly creative with fonts and sizing. Just highlight the text you want to alter and select an action (font, size, bold, etc).

4) Some of us like a picture of our car. You need to have a pretty small thumbnail view of it. Try not to go too big (stay about 80 pixels or less in height). But you will see a place down below the editor for inserting the picture. My picture, for instance - though it looks like two pictures - is really one picture. It's edited to look like two. You can only have one, so this is how I managed. I was crafty and even selected the same color as seen in the threads to divide the two pictures. But that's just me.

5) When done - save your signature and they will magically appear in every thread you've ever done.

6) We will now know you.

7) We will all be happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Okay. I did it. Now you know who I am.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

And a fine job you did too... Mr. Smith.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Been there, done that! When I join a forum I always try to get the basics in my sig. Who, where, what, etc... The more info you can give the less questions you get. Location is also very important, especially if you're looking for large parts that are expensive to ship.

Nice to meet y'all!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Okay.
    Now y'all know my last name, too!
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    Location is also very important, especially if you're looking for large parts that are expensive to ship.
    Of course, you can also select 'Quick Links' and then 'Edit Your Details' and, at the very least, enter your location there. We've all assumed because you are posting here you are semi-local to the Seattle area - only to discover you are in Sweden! One of these days we'll realize the world-wide-web means just that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Here you go

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

My name is Michael and I posted separate to introduce myself. I use the handle Mikeske out of habit.

Happy Monday,

My Name is Will Sando and I am the proud new owner of a 1962 Ford Falcon Futura. I own and operate an auto repair shop in Coeur d Alene, ID but I have always loved restoring Fords from the 50's & 60's (much more character than those mini-van things). I look forward to getting to know you other Ford enthusiasts more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slautomotive; February 2nd, 2015 at 08:31 PM.

My name is Sofiara.
    I use the handle Mikeske out of habit.

ฟุตบอล

Quote Originally Posted by wincampie99 View Post
    My name is Sofiara.
    I use the handle Mikeske out of habit.

ฟุตบอล
    that's awesome!

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"