Thread: Bench seats are now history.

Bench seats in cars are now history.

(I love my 1963 hardtop with a bench seat!)

Say goodbye to the bench seat in cars

"When the 2013 Chevrolet Impala goes out of production to make way for a completely redesigned 2014, it will take with it an American classic -- the bench seat."

"When they finally go, gone will be the days when teenagers would squeeze in elbow to elbow. They will also lose the ability to stretch out or turn the front seat into a little love shack." (Exactly!!)

1963 Impala Back seat.jpg
    Look at the size of the steering wheel on the 1963 Chevy Impala.

See: http://www.usatoday.com/story/driveon/2012/10/01/chevrolet-impala-bench-seat/1605199/

This is a comment that someone made on the news article (been there!): "In my wild and carefree youth, most cars had a bench seat. One of the crazy things we did was to take a right-turn corner real fast and the girl we were with would move toward the center on the seat. We used to call them an SOB curve (for slide over baby.) Ah, the good old days…"
    Last edited by ew1usnr; September 3rd, 2013 at 02:51 AM.

Thanks for you little ChitChat posts. Great little tidbits are fun to see - even if they do mention Chebrolay.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

On the subject of bench seats - I have a seat in my garage loft that came out of the Ranchero when I got it from Steve. It wasn't using factory Falcon mounting holes, so I don't think it was stock Falcon (maybe Steve knew what it came from?). Anyway, I will be scrapping it tonight (cutting it into smaller pieces) to make it go away. Clearing out my loft - and it takes up too much space up there. If anybody wants it - for free - speak now or forever hold your peas.

But as your thread indicates - nobody wants them anymore, so it will likely be bye-bye tomorrow.

Will be listing a lot of other Falcon stuff to get rid of too. Have way too much collected.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"