Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monroe Swap Meet

Monroe Swap Meet

What days were the Monroe swap meet? I don't have my notes from the March 2013 meeting and can't remember....
    I believe I will be able to do a shift at the booth this year!
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

May 18/19 are the public dates. We'll probably not setup until Saturday, but I may go on Friday just because I can. Others who want to go on Friday can, but we have to use the Vendor pass to get it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Jeff and I are carpooling for a Saturday shift. Maybe Brian too?

And we talked about possibly getting a Falcon parked in our space. If you weren't at the meeting Weds., we have a corner shaped space that looks pretty large. At least on the map. We could probably park a car to get attention and still have room for the 10' X 10' awning and a couple of 6' tables for parts.

So...any volunteers to show off there ride? I personally think it would be cool to display a fairly stock time capsule if we can. But I'm sure anything old and shiny will attract attention. Roger...your wagon's pretty stock but I know you're also hauling parts.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

My calendar shows me available for the entire week-end, and one of my specialties is to hold down a chair. I'll cover at least one day.

There probably aren't too many cars more representative of the Falcon than yours, Kenny.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I'll be there probably all three days. But Sunday will be my manning the booth day assuming the weather is good and we stay. Will be there in the booth Saturday too for any of you who want to trek out into the yard. Hopefully will find anything I want to get on Friday and get that out of my system.

I will likely be bringing other cars to the corral too, so probably can't bring the wagon for the booth.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I'm for Saturday in but I will need to leave by noon. I wouldn't mind walking the grounds early for an hour then I can help at the booth.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    There probably aren't too many cars more representative of the Falcon than yours, Kenny.
    Mine's beginning to be a 20-footer with 14 years on the bodywork and paint job...and no garage. I'll bring it if no one else steps up. That might give me a chance to get some detailing done while you're entertaining the crowd!

But...anyone out there with a nice survivor or stock restoration, please feel free to volunteer and show off your ride.

Where's Curt? He's got a beautifully restored `69. Here's a shot from the 2005 Nationals. We drove to San Rafael in a caravan. Really nice guy but I haven't seen him in several years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    Where's Curt? He's got a beautifully restored `69. Here's a shot from the 2005 Nationals. We drove to San Rafael in a caravan. Really nice guy but I haven't seen him in several years.
    That's a '67, not a '69 Kenny. Unless he put '67 front fenders on a '69. The little "scallops" on the fenders were a '67 only thing.

I would like to help at the swap meet too. I should be availible most, if not all weekend. Jon
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe

Jon...you are correct on that. Even the name of the photo says `67. That was either a typo or a brain fart!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Here is an example of a mostly stock 1968.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&h...mfu&nomobile=1
    Last edited by Jeff W; April 25th, 2013 at 09:32 PM.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Getting close so I thought I would tickle this thread. I am planning on being in the booth Saturday. Will be there Starurday from start until close - would like a break late morning for a quick walk around.

What are the other plans/needs?

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

My current plans are to be there both Friday and Saturday. I also told Roger that if he's still on jury duty, I will volunteer to load up my truck with whatever is going to the swap meet for the club and get it there for setup. (I don't think Roger has received any items yet.) If Roger can't make it there Friday, I'd certainly be grateful for someone to assist in the setup. I could be there Sunday also, but that isn't my current plan.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Well, dang me! I'm probably not going to be able to make it now. I forgot my aunt had called a few weeks back. She has a layover at Seatac for a few hours Sat. morning and I really want to visit with her.

Sorry for the last minute. I may be able to come out for a few hours in the afternoon but if you want a Falcon to display, someone else will have to volunteer.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Gene -

I would be happy to give you a hand if you need it.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Well totally spaced out sending the announcement email for Wednesday meeting. Will do that now. But I may have a better idea what Friday will be like. Have been serving on jury duty for weeks now with no end in sight, so we'll see how Friday works out.

To be clear, I wasn't going on Friday to setup. Maybe, at most, scope the area out. It's usually the best day to shop the bigger vendors.

So if anyone is going, try to be at the meeting Wednesday to get more details, but we will post final details here too.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"