Thread: questions about engine

Cool questions about engine

hello,i have Falcon from 65.,6 in line,orange valve cover,five water jackets,piston size is 93.6 mm.this engine is 200 ci or something else?
    I live in Croatia(in Europe) where is impossible to find how torque is for head bolts,connecting rods and valve measure.Sorry for bad english

Coatian Falcon

Wow! A Falcon in Croatia! Welcome to our forum, Zoran-Rados. Do your friends call you Zoran?
    The cylinder bore you state is definitely that of a 200 cubic-inch engine. The head bolt torque specification is 65-75 foot-pounds (88-102 newton-meter). Connecting rod cap bolts are tightened to 19-24 foot-pounds (26-33 newton-meter). I'm not sure what you mean by valve measure. These engines have hydraulic lifters so you don't set the valve lash (clearance from valve stem to rocker with lifter down). My Motor's Manual says the adjusment should be .067-.200 inch (~2-5 mm) with the lifter COLLAPSED. Once the engine is started and the oil pressure is up, the lifter will fill with oil and remove the gap ("lash").
    Last edited by MacDee; January 11th, 2007 at 05:41 PM.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Smile Falcon engine details

Zoran(first name) again!On my engine is manual adjuster of valves,no hidraulic lifter.My opinion,this is older engine construction.You have idea?
    Try find european sizes,please.

Manual Valve Lash Adjusters

Zoran,
    From the resources I have on-hand, it appears Ford started using hydraulic lifters in 1963. They deleted the adjusters that year as well. I learned this from my factory shop manual which covers through 1963. I also have a Motor's Shop Manual for 1965 through 1971. In it, it indicates adjusters were part of the 1965 and early 1966 configuration, even with hydraulic lifters, but disappeared again in late 1966. I don't have anything that hints at the configuration for 1964.
    The valve "lash" dimensions I gave you previously should be valid (2-5mm with the lifters collapsed).
    I hope this helps. If anyone has better information, I'm sure they'll chime in!
    Good luck!
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4