Thread: Bucket seats

Bucket seats

I haven't been able to find any Falcon bucket seats that don't cost two legs and one arm out there. Has anyone had experience with putting 64-66 mustang bucket seats in a 64 Falcon Hardtop? They seem to be a little more reasonbly priced. Then that leads to the next question of if I use them can you get replacement upholstery for the Mustang buckets and Falcon rear seat that match. Thanks Larry

Larry,

I think you should be able to put the Mustang seats in. The Mustang has a riser plate on the floor though and this I think both raises and tilts the seats back a little. I've got pictures of both floors, so I'll dig them up for comparison and post them here as soon as I've found them.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Just noticed this Craigslist ad that shows a bucket seat in Kent if you're still looking.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/pts/899653814.html

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    Just noticed this Craigslist ad that shows a bucket seat in Kent if you're still looking.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/pts/899653814.html

Great if you don't have any friends. Don't those things usually travel in pairs?

Bucket Seats

I got tired of looking and waiting and bought a pair of mustang bucket seats on ebay. They are in very good condition but I purchased a set of the aluminum trims for the sides and new hardware. Price for the seats, very good upholstery, shipping, new trim and hardware was less than anything I found for just the bare frames on a Falcon. See attached picture. Old trim is still on in pic. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images